Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2009 3:50:05 PM EDT
Hopefully this doesn't break any rules. I'm looking for a Walther p22 in pink digital cammo  (preferably with a threaded barrel) for my girlfriend for her birthday. Does anyone know who stocks these locally? Bullseye cannot get that specific color, Davids gun room prices are outrageous, aside from those two places I'm out of ideas. I could try Bass Pro Shop, they are listed as a Walther dealer but I'd figure I'd check to see if there are any non-chain type dealers that might be more worthy of the business.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hopefully this doesn't break any rules. I'm looking for a Walther p22 in pink digital cammo  (preferably with a threaded barrel) for my girlfriend for her birthday. Does anyone know who stocks these locally? Bullseye cannot get that specific color, Davids gun room prices are outrageous, aside from those two places I'm out of ideas. I could try Bass Pro Shop, they are listed as a Walther dealer but I'd figure I'd check to see if there are any non-chain type dealers that might be more worthy of the business.

For the thread on the barrel you just add a barrel adapter to it. I have yet to see a straight threading on a P22
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Nicks had a pink one in stock last week. Not digital camo, just pink.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I will be shooting at my private range tomorrow.  Ill check the store up that way and see if they have one or can get one and Ill report back.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
If you "must" have a P22 try Forsyth County Pawn, great people and they probably have one in stock or can order it.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys! Any help is appreciated.

Quoted:
If you "must" have a P22 try Forsyth County Pawn, great people and they probably have one in stock or can order it.

It was between that and the pink mosquito. Aparantly both have their share of issues so I'd like it to be new in case we need to send it back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Aparantly both have their share of issues so I'd like it to be new in case we need to send it back.

Issue Mitigation Plan

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I asked a local range that rents guns to shoot if they had a P22 that I could try.

They said they had one once, it didn't last long, and went back for repair/replacement. They apparently ended up getting their money back on the gun and were told that the P22 wouldn't hold up in a range rental environment.

Just my 2 cents regarding what Book just said...
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#9]
She has several nice firearms. Women like aesthetics, and that's what she wants out of this one. Just a good looking, unique plinker.  If it turns out to be a complete piece of crap we can always send it in and have it tuned up.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I know several people with P22's, no problems, but the web is full of folks with issues with P22's and Sig Mosquito's.  Search this forum for the P22 Bible and you should be in fine shape: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I know several people with P22's, no problems, but the web is full of folks with issues with P22's and Sig Mosquito's.  Search this forum for the P22 Bible and you should be in fine shape: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

I went through 3 replacements and sold the 4th new in box (first generation P22's), the shitty customer service  I got from Smith & Wesson and Walther USA means I'll never buy a gun made by either again.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
But, but, but....  You could have followed all the on-line recommendations to make the shitty little pistol tolerable to people who don't really care about accuracy anyway.

Uh, Marky, when you sold me your's, you said you were sad to lose such a fine little gun that was MOA to 100 yards and I thought I even saw a tear as I pulled out of the driveway...

Huh, maybe you were laughing, not crying.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Put me down as someone who has one, and likes it for what it is.  It's a nice small plinker.  It will never be a target pistol, but it *is* good for getting new shooters familiar with the process.  I guess I got lucky with mine - I've had no problems with it.  Of course, I've probably put less than 500 rounds through it.  I *do* need to do the 'fluff and buff' on mine one of these days.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Just get a buckmark and rattle can it.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a greyish blue one that I love after doing some work on it. I bought it VERY slightly used (as I couldn't tell it had more than a mag through it,absolutely no wearing anywhere) and after shooting it a few times, figure it was traded in because it failed a lot. I spent about 20 minutes on reliability work, and had the thing gobbling up all the different, cheap, rimfire ammo I had in my posession. Granted, for the price, I should not have had to work on it at all. But I do like the little thing. My wife likes shooting it too and that makes it worthwhile. Good luck. You might try a regular one and get some Krylon Fusion paint. It seems to work pretty good on plastic when prep work is done. Also, NAPA has a good line of plastic specific paints. Just don't know if they would have pink, and would know how to do the digital job.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Saw a black one with factory laser and fake can today for 399 used.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Saw one on GON now, only $600,.has pix in ad, Candace with a phone number
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:53:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:54:05 AM EDT
[#21]
No WTB ads in HTF.  Sorry.  Site rules.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top