Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 5:29:05 PM EDT
What do I need to know about it? Taking a buddy from FL shooting.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
No metal target stands, last time I was there.   Take  everything    you'll  need, food, drinks etc.  Rules were on a 4x8 plywood sign.  $200 plus min. fine few years back.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No metal target stands, last time I was there.   Take  everything    you'll  need, food, drinks etc.  Rules were on a 4x8 plywood sign.  $200 plus min. fine few years back.

So I can't use a metal base that holds wood sticks straight up to staple targets to?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The let me use my metal base.... the range officer looked at my base, and the pvc target stand with the target on it and told me I couldn't use a metal stand.   After I pointed out only the part on the ground is metal he said that was ok.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Try not to get shot, watch your surroundings and make sure the people on either side of you aren't morons.  But it's Charlie Elliot so chances are they are morons.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a metal base with no problems with two 5' wooden poles.  They have a 50/60 yd pistol range and a 100 yd rifle range.  I have been there quite a few times with great results and fun times.  Enjoy yourself and let us know how it went.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I made the effort to assemble a 100% wood/PVC target stand for CE and every time I've gone there, I see people with metal framed target stands.

Usually metal framed real estate signs & such. I'm not seing 200 dollar fines handed out, but I wouldn't risk trying it.

A member here was fined for shooting one or two minutes after closing time, if my memory is right.

Not a bad place to shoot overall, but I agree, you need to have someone watching your back.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I always go during the week to avoid the moron circus.

In fact, I'm going this next week at some point to zero for the next Steel City match.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's ironic since the DNR provided stands at the Dixon WMA down here in Waycross are all metal.

Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's ironic since the DNR provided stands at the Dixon WMA down here in Waycross are all metal.

Go figure.

The DNR stands in Hawkinsville are all metal as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#10]
First  time I ever went, they were made from 2" bar stock and looked like goal posts for pro football, took 3 big boys to move one closer.  I was told they were made at Jackson by inmates.  Years later they were gone.  Had no problem with my real estate sign  till last summer.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top