Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:22:01 AM EDT
I received a ticket for not obeying a stop sign and a verbal warning to update my tags from NJ to GA. I moved about 8 months ago and my parents loaned me the car with the intent of selling it to me when I settled down. Just recently, I started working for Robins AFB as an engineer. The car's title and insurance is in my parent's name in NJ. I have a GA license.

I will obtain insurance with USAA under my fiancee who is active duty USAF and transfer the title of the vehicle to my name and apply for GA plates within the week.

I did roll through through the stop sign as I was familiar with the intersection and it was night with no approaching headlights. I don't mind paying the fine for my mistake but I do not want the points affecting my fiancee's rates. I know that traffic court in NJ and NY usually reduce moving violations to non-moving violations for first-timer offenders. Does GA do the same? I have a clean record in GA and a parking infraction in NY and SC each.

I'm not looking for legal advice, just people's experiences. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't plead nolo unless your going to get more than 4 points. Nolo is only once in 5 years

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top