Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 11:49:10 AM EDT
The aquarium has a no weapons policy, do they have metal detectors at the entrance ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure on the metal detectors but I am positive that they wand everyone, it is reported that they wont even let LEO carry there and this mere fact is why we go to Tennessee's Aquarium and carry.

They are hysterical and profoundly anti.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought this was going to become a sticky topic? Guess not.

Yes they wand you......but only your pockets if they do. Hint hint.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Can they legally keep an LEO from carrying, even if its private property?

I'd think your oath and power of arrest transcend private "no weapons" policies.  What a joke.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]

For the tenth time

NO

NADA

Forgetaboutit

No Way
!!!!!

*US SECRET SERVICE IS EXEMPT.

That I have seen.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'd think your oath and power of arrest transcend private "no weapons" policies.  What a joke.

I couldn't even carry in my Spyderco Harpy, even with me LE credentials.  Needless to say, I'll never go back.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes they can, so can any other private business.  And I maybe one of the few LEO's who feels this way, but I don't mind going and not carrying.  My son loves the aquarium, and I won't make him miss out just because.

Now, with that being said, there are ways to bring your ccw in, especially if you carry a diaper bag––––-!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Or if you dont mind a hitchhiker on your lower extremity.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they can, so can any other private business.  And I maybe one of the few LEO's who feels this way, but I don't mind going and not carrying.  My son loves the aquarium, and I won't make him miss out just because.
Now, with that being said, there are ways to bring your ccw in, especially if you carry a diaper bag––––-!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top