Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2008 7:05:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The Marathon at Peachtree Ind. Blvd and Shadburn Ferry Rd. almost ALWAYS has gas, and they're normally the cheapest around!
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys I don't know very much about the gas issue and won't claim to. My brother owns a gas station and I can tell you that every gas station knows before hand when their fuel will be delivered or a very close approximate time. I have an advantage he tells me when it is on its way, so I go to his store at about that time.

Just a suggeston, don't bitch at the clerks. Be friendly and ask nicely and they may tell you when the fuel truck is going to show up. Hell slip them a few extra bucks when they tell you and you will always know, just a thought. They are just trying to do their job, they will be happy to have someone treat them decent about the fuel problem. Remember it is out of their hands, but they can be very helpful when they want to be.
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
just filled up a full tank today for $3.81. every gas station around univ of west ga had gas....

about a 3 min wait
Link Posted: 9/30/2008 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
QT on dallas hwy had last night for $3.99.  15 min line.

Link Posted: 9/30/2008 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Race Track on Wade green had a tanker pulling onto the lot at about 730pm
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#6]
wsb atlanta has a nice little "gas tracker" map on their website, ppl call in to report where they've found gas...will probably work better than our few members here chiming in.

take a look:

GAS MAP
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
The QT on Buford Hwy at North Berkley Lake almost always has gas, and usually is selling it for 10 cents cheaper than everyone else.

But Shhhh don't tell anyone, its my secret gas station.
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]
The Pilot at exit 19 off I-20 had plenty of GASOLINE ( to Mark) on Monday.  All pumps open for regular only (no mid or premium) at 3.59 a gallon.

Also, once you get about 20 miles below I-285 heading South on I-75, everyone has gasoline.  We have had no such issues way down here in South Georgia.

Contrary to what I saw on the news in metro Atlanta this last weekend, it's not a Georgia "gas crisis", it seems to be only a metro Atlanta "gas crisis".
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Pilot at exit 19 off I-20 had plenty of GASOLINE ( to Mark) on Monday.  All pumps open for regular only (no mid or premium) at 3.59 a gallon.

Also, once you get about 20 miles below I-285 heading South on I-75, everyone has gasoline.  We have had no such issues way down here in South Georgia.

Contrary to what I saw on the news in metro Atlanta this last weekend, it's not a Georgia "gas crisis", it seems to be only a metro Atlanta "gas crisis".

Wasn't just metro Atlanta.  Augusta had it pretty bad as well.  Atlanta,  Augusta, Greenville-Spartanburg,  and Charlotte are all supplied by the Plantation and Colonial Pipelines;  which were only running at a fraction of normal until recently.  South GA and FL get most of their gas from terminals in Jacksonville, Tampa, Pensacola, and Mobile that have the refined product delivered by ship.

Things are getting much better by the day.  Most places around Augusta have gas now,  but premium and plus are still a little scarce for now.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#10]
As of today, we're down to 3.24 around here. I'll be happy if it ever gets back down to 2.59...

although the 1.86 that I remember so fondly would be even better.
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Last night it was down to $3.17 per gal here in WR.
Getting much better, I can almost afford it now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
2.39 in Barnesville,  I was sick, I had just filled up in Macon...at 50 cents a gallon more
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]
It's down to about 2.69 down here now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top