Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
WWGCOD?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
this was discussed over on GPO. it sucks but the guy's an idiot for leaving his gun out in a HOTEL ROOM.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
this was discussed over on GPO. it sucks but the guy's an idiot for leaving his gun out in a HOTEL ROOM.

+1

It shouldn't be illegal in the first place, but if you hide it, they DON'T find it!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was legal to carry on campuses at which you yourself do not attend school.  Is that incorrect?  For instance, if I went to UGA, I could carry at GSU.  I must be wrong.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It shouldn't be illegal in the first place, but if you hide it, they DON'T find it!!!

exactly!

Since it was just sitting on the bed in plain view, he's just lucky the maid didn't steel it.  Then we he reported it stolen, got arrested as well.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#7]

I think some of yall are being a little hard on the guy, yes , if he had took it with him it could have saved him a lot of problems, but lets say that he had laid it on the bed and then went to the bathroom to take a shit ,and the maid came in and saw the gun , would you still say that he is a dumbass ???

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#9]
They named the conference center after a dog?

I guess a dog is a step above a politician.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The hotel in question is near the middle of the UGA campus.  It would be hard to not know that is UGA property especially when the name of the hotel is the UGA Georgia Center for Continuing Education Hotel.

i was waiting for someone to post this.

the ignorance defense will perform as it always does.

the law should not exist, but it is what it is...adjust accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I thought it was legal to carry on campuses at which you yourself do not attend school.  Is that incorrect?  For instance, if I went to UGA, I could carry at GSU.  I must be wrong.

only if you're a criminal planning on shooting up the place then yes
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I think some of yall are being a little hard on the guy, yes , if he had took it with him it could have saved him a lot of problems, but lets say that he had laid it on the bed and then went to the bathroom to take a shit ,and the maid came in and saw the gun , would you still say that he is a dumbass ???

is that the case? how many ppl in the bathroom can't hear a maid knocking and turn them away?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The hotel in question is near the middle of the UGA campus.  It would be hard to not know that is UGA property especially when the name of the hotel is the UGA Georgia Center for Continuing Education Hotel.

was the man a uga grad......? lol, sorry, couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah well ya know ... some Tech fans need other people to put their own guns back together for them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah well ya know ... some Tech fans need other people to put their own guns back together for them.

cold blooded!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#17]
kblagg - Could you tell me what ya'll consider "a locked compartment in a motor vehicle" ?

Personally, I'd consider that to be a locked glove compartment or a locking gun case inside the vehicle or a locked trunk. Right?

Is it adequate to just have the passenger area (compartment) of the vehicle locked if there is a firearm in an unlocked console, glove box, or case inside?

I know you're not a lawyer, I'd just like to hear the law enforcement opinion, if you don't mind. I'm talking non-students of course and am just wondering about the provisions associated with that particular "locked compartment" phrase.

Is it a bad law?  I'd say absolutely it is, if for no other reason than the fact that a student could be arrested on a felony charge for having a paintball gun, the way I read it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:48:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
kblagg - Could you tell me what ya'll consider "a locked compartment in a motor vehicle" ?

I know of one judge / prosecutor in Twiggs County that threw out / refused to prosecute an arrest for having a firearm in a high school's parking lot because he said that the car was locked and that is a locked container.  This was in the 1994 - 1999 time frame.  Your mileage may vary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top