Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 7:02:37 AM EDT
I am looking at buying reloading supplies to give it a try but i cant find any where that sells it here in GA. Is there any stores here that any of yall would know that sell them thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
David's Gun Room in Norcross has a good selection of just about everything. Someone said that there was a new store in the Alpharetta area but they were supposedly not open all of the time and one needed to call ahead to make sure they were open.

The best deals will be found in the reloading forum of the EE.

Good luck with getting started!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The best deals are typically found online.  It really depends on what you are wanting to buy.  If it is tools like presses, dies, etc... I would stick to finding a good price online.  Toget good deals on powder and primers, you have to order in bulk as there is a $20 hazmat fee for up to 70lbs. and you cannot mix promers and powder in one shipment.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
better deals online...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Better deals are online.  If you get you C&R license and send it to Midwayusa, you can get stuff at dealer cost.  If your just starting out and needs presses, dies, etc.   The $30 for your C&R license will save you a bundle.  I saved $30 on my first order from Brownells and don't know how much I've saved at Midway.  Everyone I've given this advice to has said getting their C&R was one of the best things they've done.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The best deals are typically found online.  It really depends on what you are wanting to buy.  If it is tools like presses, dies, etc... I would stick to finding a good price online.  Toget good deals on powder and primers, you have to order in bulk as there is a $20 hazmat fee for up to 70lbs. and you cannot mix promers and powder in one shipment.

Lock stock and barrel will waive the hazmat fee on 16 pounds or more.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lock stock and barrel will waive the hazmat fee on 16 pounds or more.

Sounds like it would be a good idea to have a group buy.  I usually get the pound or two I need from Georgia arms.  A guy I work with lives ten min. from them so he picks it up for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I buy in 70# increments. but if you get a good group buy going I'll chip in some...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I buy in 70# increments. but if you get a good group buy going I'll chip in some...

WOW...

I am down for a group buy as well. need about 8 pounds of Varget and 8 of H4895.  In Smyrna Marietta area...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Im still looking around for one so after i get everything for reloading im in
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW...

I am down for a group buy as well. need about 8 pounds of Varget and 8 of H4895.  In Smyrna Marietta area...

70# only makes, what, a box or two of S&W 500?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually with the 500 I like trial boss for light target loads it uses about 8-12 grains of powder. if you go for a super mag load your still only loading about 30 grains of powder just different powder.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Actually with the 500 I like trial boss for light target loads it uses about 8-12 grains of powder. if you go for a super mag load your still only loading about 30 grains of powder just different powder.

Trial Boss?  Is that special lawyer powder?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#13]
yes it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top