Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2008 9:58:00 AM EDT
Guys,
 I've been trying to find the best gun ranges in GA, for some time now, and I had originally asked these questions before, but I think I need to ask them again.  Of course, I'm looking for the most "AR Friendly" Gun Ranges in North/Central GA.
 About a year or two ago, I had asked about this, and it seemed that so many of you guys recommended Creekside in Cartersville (I think?) to be one of the most AR Friendly Ranges in North/Central GA.
 However, we were recently looking at Creeksides website, and their "Rules" page shows there being a "3 second rule" I believe.  
 This is a HUGE disappointment, and I could not believe it, after being originally told that this was NOT a problem at Creekside.
 Has something changed out there?  Has this ALWAYS been the rule?
WHY do these damn gun ranges even CONSIDER stupid rules like this?
 I would like to ask what are the AR FRIENDLY GUN RANGES in North/Central GA?
Finally, WHAT happened to the Sticky Link in this forum, which had all the GA Gun Range Listings????  WHY would that MOST IMPORTANT thread no longer be stickied???
 Thanks for any help guys...
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Creekside is the place.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Well that's good to hear, but I just wondered why their rule page would say that.  After all, so many of you guys on this forum raved about how great Creekside was, and how AR Friendly it was.
 How about STEEL TARGETS way out at 200, 300, etc?  Does Creekside have any steel targets for us AR guys?
 If not, how about other ranges?  I've been dying to find a range that had some good steel targets at varying ranges...????
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Joes 3 sec rule is on the 50 and 100yd Rifle range....the member only pits have higher burms were u can full auto and rapid fire..
Creekside is worth the membership fee....

Joe does have some steel, but he dosent leave alot of it due to some folks in the past shooting up his pistol steel with rifle.

U can shoot out to 300yds for non members on certain days..its marked on his web site
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Creekside is a 100yd range unless you shoot on the scheduled times during the week or at matches.
If you want steel at varying distances, Gunsite Hills is the place to be-but it's a precision rifle range.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Lawman,
I had been meaning to get back to this thread, and thanks for your response.
However, what exactly do you mean by "Gunsite Hills is a Precision Rifle Range"????
 Does that mean Gunsite Hills = NOT AR Friendly or NOT Rapid Fire Friendly????

I have a cop buddy who helps run the place out there, and I had thought he previuosly conveyed that Gunsite Hills IS AR Friendly.????
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Out of mere curiosity, what are the membership and fees at Creekside. I didn't see any info on their website.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Out of mere curiosity, what are the membership and fees at Creekside. I didn't see any info on their website.

Taken directly from the website

FEE SCHEDULE:
* Annual Membership $175 per year (single), $250 per year Family (all children 18 & under)
* Non-member daily fee is $20, 16 years & under $10

* Police Officers, Active Military and Seniors (55 & over) $15 per day
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lawman,
I had been meaning to get back to this thread, and thanks for your response.
However, what exactly do you mean by "Gunsite Hills is a Precision Rifle Range"????
 Does that mean Gunsite Hills = NOT AR Friendly or NOT Rapid Fire Friendly????

I have a cop buddy who helps run the place out there, and I had thought he previuosly conveyed that Gunsite Hills IS AR Friendly.????

It's definetely AR friendly. My point behind it being a precision rifle range is that full auto or uncontrolled rapid fire isn't allowed. Don't expect to "bump fire" or whatever other gay things people do  to look stupid, etc. You can fire as fast as you want as long as you're hitting your targets. Kletzenklueffer was out there with his AR10 and fired 5 rounds at the 500yd steel before the sound from the first round got back to the firing line-but all 5 shots were nicely covering the red dot. The owners biggest concern is that he has wires buried througout the range for moving and pop up targets and misses have the potential to hit a wire, meaning he needs to fix it later.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#9]
if you live near blue ridge there is a shooting range in NC called panther top.  It's on national forrest land so its only a 2 dollar fee.  They have 100 yard rifle and 25 yard pistol ranges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top