Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 6:20:33 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I am going to be out and about in the metro ATL today and wondered what (if any) suppliers for AR15 parts and accessories are in the vicinity (30 mile radius of midtown).  I would like to pick up a couple of good slings (single and three point).  

-Frank
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, not really sure. I am unaware of an AR store, maybe this thread will enlighten me.

Someone should know.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't have to be an AR store specifically.  I figure that the HTF needs an accounting of local resources for firearms and shooting supplies and equipment anyway.  That would be pretty useful.  I know that vendors are not supposed to sell in here, but HTF participating GA locals could post a list of their favorite fun shops, army/navy stores, and tactical supply houses.

I am heading out and about in a few minutes, and was just hoping to find some slings that I could see in person before I purchase.  I'm silly like that, and shopping local is good anyway.

-Frank
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
i know tucker gun has a bunch of stuff... all rock-river.  you can usually bargain with them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks ugagrad.  sounds like that's where I am headed... unless anybody else chimes in.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#5]
need directions?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about slings at Tucker Gun, but they do have alot of Rock Rivers.  Blue cases stacked up everywhere!  It's actually is pdmall.com that sells most of the ar stuff.  They use the same store front as tucker gun.  I got an upper from them last fall.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Try Tactical Gear Supply in Forest Park. Thats were we get a lot of out stuff.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the suggestions.  Tucker Gun, Bullseye Guns (Lawrenceville), and AR Bunker (Newnan) all had good stuff.  I found all kinds of stuff at each place that I had no idea I needed.  Kinda liked Bullseye's inventory the best.  Service was so-so at each place.

Any other suggestions for future impluse shopping appreciated.  I really would like to see a compendium of vendors with local storefronts started here in the HTF.  Not to compete with the nice site sponsors, but then I am sure that many locals actually get thier inventory from them as well.

Still looking for ATL's most kick-ass Army/Navy store.

-Frank
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
sorry I am a day late but AR Bunker carries just about anything you could want for an ar15 hence the name. They are about 20 minutes south of the ATL airport. Call 770-304-0138 for directions. Lee is their AR armorer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top