BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2008 5:10:41 AM EDT
From 11alive.com

Tucker Gun

Gun Store Standoff Ends With No Injuries

Posted By: Ioanna Dafermou
Last Modified: 4/19/2008 8:05:27 AM

A six-hour standoff at a local gun store ends without injuries and a man in custody.

Just after midnight, the Gwinnett County fire department responded to a fire alarm at the Tucker Gun Store on Lawrenceville Highway.

The firefighters noticed a hole in the ceiling and immediately notified police of a possible intruder.

At 6:30 this morning, after a six-hour standoff, S.W.A.T. officers entered the store and took the burglar under arrest.

The suspect has been transported to the Gwinnett County Jail.

Stay with 11Alive and 11Alive.con for the latest on this story.

-Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:24:44 AM EDT
[#1]
hopefully it was one of the same losers that broke into c-3. We had some gangbangers break into a house 2 doors from ine trying to carry out a hit on the 18 year old girl that lives there. I spoke with the neighbor between that house and mine (who is also a marine) and several other neighbors, and we all feel the same way, We are not going to tolerate gangangers in our neighborhood, period. Thankfully the lady has sent her daughter to live with someone else and the daughter gave the cops all the info to find the idiots who did it, Needless to say I am on pins and needles waiting for the retaliation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I heard on the newz, the fire department was the first one notified. Sounds like when the retard cut through the roof and "dropped in", he broke a wire or somehow set off a smoke/fire sensor. Sucks to be him..

My pawn shop is in a metal building and it's a concern of ours that someone with a pair of pliers or tin snips can just walk right in at any time..

The only thing I can hope to limit my losses is a quick response from law enforcement...

and that this guy ends up in a cell with a very horny Bubba
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I dunno why Gwinnett Fire and PD would have responded considering that it's very much in Dekalb County. Hell, the Dekalb Tucker Precinct is practically right around the corner.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Lawman check your PM. Sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dunno why Gwinnett Fire and PD would have responded considering that it's very much in Dekalb County. Hell, the Dekalb Tucker Precinct is practically right around the corner.

Good point!   I mean it is called "Tucker Gun"

I'm glad the moron was caught. Maybe he has some info on some other gun store robberies.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point!   I mean it is called "Tucker Gun"

I'm glad the moron was caught. Maybe he has some info on some other gun store robberies.

I was wondering the same thing. Must be more accurate reporting.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

have you ever tried to get that precint to respond to anything ?  to say the least they arent the fastest in response time. But from what I saw on the news this morning they were interviewing a DeKalb county officer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#8]
It was DeKalb.  One of the squad officers at my station is a SWAT medic for DeKalb.  He was paged about the incident, but the on-call medics responded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top