Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2007 7:04:33 AM EDT
Anyone coming to watch the game?  Richt is undefeated in Neyland.  I hope we can change that, but I don't expect a victory for the vols.

Edit:geographical.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I might me coming up. The girlfriend and I are working on a place to stay.

It should be a good game. I would hate to drive all the way up there just to lose.

Any suggestions on hotels? All the ones I've called are full and my friend who we usually stay with is going out of town.

Anyone else planning on going???

Josh
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Go Vols!!!!  

--- Sorry, but my two favorite teams are Georgia Tech and whoever plays (and especially beats) Georgia!
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
somehow, our hometown is seething with treason.

It's a miracle how we play amidst such atmosphere
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It should be a good game. I would hate to drive all the way up there just to lose.

Any suggestions on hotels? All the ones I've called are full and my friend who we usually stay with is going out of town.

Josh

Nothing decent.  There are a couple of seedy joints around that I'm sure will have rooms.  What night are you staying?  You might think about staying in chattown or somewhere else in between.  Let me know if you guys head down here, we can hook up for beer after or before, or during.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Josh

Nothing decent.  There are a couple of seedy joints around that I'm sure will have rooms.  What night are you staying?  You might think about staying in chattown or somewhere else in between.  Let me know if you guys head down here, we can hook up for beer after or before, or during.

People don't head "down" to Tennesee from GA; it's UP for us!
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Josh

People don't head "down" to Tennesee from GA; it's UP for us!

Depends on where from.  

<tennessee edumacation/>
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
somehow, our hometown is seething with treason.

<<<< Guilty of treason

I'm originally from TN, so it would actually be treason to pull for the Dawgs (except for when they play FL).
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I moved from Knoxville over two years ago and I am for UGA and whoever is playing TN.  I was the AntiVol for a long time.  Nothing sucks like a big orange.

That being said.  I think the Dawgs will get it handed to them this weekend.  I hope not but that is my prediction.  And Full Philmer's job is depending on it.  I know people in Ktown are talking about swinging the ax again.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

We are just going to stay with some family in Chattanooga Fri and Sat. night. Probabaly drive up early Saturday morning and tailgate, maybe scalp some tickets. We are thinking about hanging out for a while after the game and let some traffic clear out before heading back to Chattanooga.

Any good sports bars or restaurants near the stadium? I've never been to Neyland so I'm not familiar with the surroundings.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are just going to stay with some family in Chattanooga Fri and Sat. night. Probabaly drive up early Saturday morning and tailgate, maybe scalp some tickets. We are thinking about hanging out for a while after the game and let some traffic clear out before heading back to Chattanooga.

Any good sports bars or restaurants near the stadium? I've never been to Neyland so I'm not familiar with the surroundings.

Josh

Several, all along the strip.  Just ask anyone in orange where the strip is, they should be able to help you.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Cumberland Ave.

Just look for the sea of Orange.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:22:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I, of course, live here.  So I will be going. I will be showing up to park much earlier than usual, because it is a big game.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#14]
How early?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How early?

I have season tickets with a friend that lives in Chattown, so as soon as he gets here, around noon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#16]
We are planing on arriving around 9 or 10 to tailgate and "prepare" for the game.

We're driving from Chattanooga too. I'm hoping the game day traffic won't be too bad that early.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Go Vols!!!!  

--- Sorry, but my two favorite teams are Georgia Tech and whoever plays (and especially beats) Georgia!

Damn Jace, I used to like you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We are planing on arriving around 9 or 10 to tailgate and "prepare" for the game.

We're driving from Chattanooga too. I'm hoping the game day traffic won't be too bad that early.

it won't be
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Where is the seat? I may have a buyer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go Vols!!!!  

Damn Jace, I used to like you.

I'm sorry...I grew up going to Tech games..And living in Cumming, there are way too many Dawg fans!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#23]
GO  VOLS
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where is the seat? I may have a buyer.

Section II.

My friend found a couple other tix. Thanks though. If I find someone else, I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Have one at the Last Lap Tavern for me (if it's still there). Go VOLS (although my baby girl is a Dawg).
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow. Got back at 2am this morning from Knoxville. What a tough loss.

I did get to meet up with Shastacles for a brief moment. Good guy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yes it was good to meet you!  I thought it would be tougher with 100K plus in and around the stadium.  Good game.  Nice to see Tennessee finally play a complete game, its been about 6 years or more.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

did all other volfans treat you and yours all right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#29]
For the most part the Vols fans weren't too bad. I expected it, afterall I was in Knoxville. I don't mind a little taunting especially after an ass whooping.

There were a couple of guys looking for touble when we were walking back from the stadium. They ended up finding it, courtesy of Knoxville PD.

Nothing compares to Baton Rouge and LSU when it comes to mean fans.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Sorry you had to run into some local necks. I must say that in all the times I have worn my orange in Athens the only thing I received was a little good humor taunting. But then, UGA got all of my money!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Apparently, the DAWGS themselves failed to show up!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:29:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sorry you had to run into some local necks. I must say that in all the times I have worn my orange in Athens the only thing I received was a little good humor taunting. But then, UGA got all of my money!

I've had a little trouble at UGA.  Not like what you would expect from Florida or LSU.  LSU fans that come here are worse than when we went to UGA.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#33]
what a one sided game, and this after anticipated GA victory

kudos for Ainge.  Stafford sux.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
what a one sided game, and this after anticipated GA victory

kudos for Ainge.  Stafford sux.

I honestly thought Stafford did ok, considering he had at least 2 vols in his face every throw, and our d-backs were covering so well.  We didn't give him much.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Georgia lost the war in the trenches. Tennessee's O and D line dominated the line of scrimmage. We could not put any pressure on Ainge so he was able to do what he does best. Stafford was getting chased around the backfield so he couldn't do much. Brown and Moreno didn't have holes to run through.

UGA got beat in every facet of the game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top