Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2007 9:12:50 AM EDT
Hey guys. One of my friends on SnipersHide.com got burnt on a deal from a guy in Bryon, GA.

Here is the clift notes version of the story:
buyer sent seller money for rifle, pelican case and badger rings. Seller ships items. When they arrive it is a $75 plastic case (not $200 pelican), cheap Leupold PRW rings (not $140 badger rings) and the stock for the rifle is all beat up (did not show up in the pics). Rifle was a FN-SPR 20" fluted with OpsInc brake. So we are talking about a great deal of money here.

Now that the buyer has this in hand he paid for a pelican case and badger rings he did not get. Seller will not return any contact from buyer.

If your in the area and know the guy you may want to get him to contact the buyer. It could be settled nice or the buyer is going to start contacting the authorities.

I have the sellers full name.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean Byron? If he paid with a Postal MO he needs to sic the Post Office on his ass for mail fraud.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Oops, yea thats the place.

He just wants to try to work it out peacefully if possible. If not he will bring down a flurry of legal troubles for the seller.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Post the seller's name and contact info.  I have an old friend in Byron who's friends with all the local gendarmes.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
He probably needs to file a police report with his local PD. They will then get with Byron PD.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Could always hire a local attorney and threaten to sue him. A few well placed letters and maybe $70 in filing fees would generally clear up any misunderstanding.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in the area.  Will help with (LEGAL) logistics.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#7]
hey sounds good!   make it happen!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What does the buyer want us to do?

If anyone knows the seller, just urge him to make the deal right before it ends up costing him lots of money.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Attorney King's advice, as usual, makes sense to me.  I'd write a short, direct, demand letter, giving the thief 10 days to make things right, or a law suit would be filed.  If the thief decided to be recalcitrant, then I'd go forward with a Small Claims Court suit.  You don't need a lawyer to write the letter, unless you're not good at writing letters.

Here's a sample letter with which I've had some success:

Dear _______, you rotten S.O.B.:

The purpose of this letter is to notify you of my intention to initiate legal action against you, should I not receive $_______ from you within ten days of the date of this letter.  Either send the money promptly, or have yourself fitted with a new set of asbestos underwear.

Govern yourself accordingly!

Sincerely,

Your Worst Enemy
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#10]
draw down high noon, OK Corral style...
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Contact me direct via e-mail, I am an LEO in the next county, I might be able to round up an LEO to give you a hand.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I recommend a letter from the OP then if no success a letter from an attorney in the jurisdiction the defendant resides in (lawyers from other states doesn't work nearly as well), then local law enforcement if possible.

Now with a I'll help from a local leo I'd jump all over that. That is the best you could hope for.
-DKing
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:32:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys for the info.

Email sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top