Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2007 1:19:59 PM EDT
What Cell phone carrier do you guys have?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
T-Mobile

Since they upgraded their systems a few years back I've been really happy with them.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Cingular/ATT

Always had excellent service can even get a signal (somewhat) at the madison range.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Nextel, it fucking sucks ass-but everybody at work has them so I reluctantly stay with them. I've heard their new hybrid phones using Sprint phones and Nextel Direct Connect are actually pretty good, not cheap though.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Verizon.  Great network, but their customer service, like most, leaves much to be desired.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Verizon.  Great network, but their customer service, like most, leaves much to be desired.

That is what makes me post this, I have verizon, and through my own fault. I accidentally bought a sprint Treo 650, off of EBAY, Great phone. It isunlocked, but verizon wont turn it on, Its a cdma, But they wont do it. I have thier customer service. But thats a different story. But after asking EVERYBODY i know. I couldnt produce one person that actually uses sprint. Some nextels but no actual sprint (I mean the service without the direct connect) users. SO I was just trying to figure out if any one actually does use sprint...and I guess not.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nextel, it fucking sucks ass-but everybody at work has them so I reluctantly stay with them. I've heard their new hybrid phones using Sprint phones and Nextel Direct Connect are actually pretty good, not cheap though.

I have to agree, their service sucks, especially after the merger w/ Sprint. Their new Hybrid Nextel phone is even worse. My boss bought one and it got even worse coverage than the regular Nextels. In areas that I would be in with my I275, I would have half signal strength, he couldn't even get service. I can not wait to switch to Verizon after I hopefully get my new job.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]
T-mobile. Had them for five years in the metro area.

Decent service in the suburbs and downtown, spotty outside. There was a time there was no coverage on I75 between Chattanooga and Knoxville, including no service in Knoxville at all. So much for a "USA Plan".

CS is hit or miss. One CS rep was such a cunt I called back and complained to some apologetic Indian guy and he made it right by giving me $40 off my bill.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I have sprint.   Been with them for about 6 years.  The coverage was better and more people had them in nevada.  but since being in GA its still ok.  i have no problems with them.   plus sprint gives me free roaming.  so i really have coverage everywhere i guess, but when i leave metro atl its roaming on verizon alot.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
The wife and I have Verizon and the coverage has been great. We got the Razr V3M phones and the only thing that pisses me off is that Verizon has some of the features turned off and their own operating system in place. I'd like to be able to download music off of my pc instead of paying $2 a song through V cast, and be able to use mp3s for ringtones.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I had Alltel, service was good, but now it started sucking ass.  Dropped it no provider now
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#12]
i have t-mobile, been with them before they were even called t-mobile, seems to be the best bang for the buck, decent service, everywhere i go on a daily basis i have service, and when i go snowboarding, i sometimes have service on the mountain
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I have Verizon and I am very happy.  What sold me was, azreal9mm acctually got one a few years back after both of us had previously had nextel (poo poo carrier.)  Shortly after he got his  he went hunting.  Well I forgot about it and tried to call him.  Surely enough he picks up and tells me that he is in a tree stand and will have to call me later.  That wouldn't be amazing except for the fact that previous no one's phone worked in that area except for azreal9mm's dad's and he had to drive two towns over to get any signal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Verizon.  I get good connections everywhere in GA but at my home.  From my deer stand in SW Baldwin County, miles away from anything, I get max bars.  From my home, 4 miles from town, I get 1-4 bars.  If I stand on the deck, one foot on the rail...

Bummer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Verizon.  I get good connections everywhere in GA but at my home.  From my deer stand in SW Baldwin County, miles away from anything, I get max bars.  From my home, 4 miles from town, I get 1-4 bars.  If I stand on the deck, one foot on the rail...

Bummer.

Is that with or without your tinfoil hat?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 3:37:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Sprint. I have had them for years and have had no problems.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 3:54:07 AM EDT
[#17]
AT&T/Cingular.  Best coverage in GA.  Work pays for mine, but I pay for the spousal unit.  Never had a problem with the service in 3 years.  

Had t-mobile b4 that.  Only problem with them was somewhat limited coverage when you get off the highways.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#18]
verizon, never fails even way out in the sticks where i live
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Me and my wife have alltel. Great service and customer service, we have no complaints.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Verizon, of the 2 choices we had a few years back when we signed up, it was THE choice, but as with most ,CS is lacking
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Verizon
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Verizon has better coverage in Ga than any other carrier.  Sprint is non-existent in S.W. GA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top