Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2007 12:47:53 PM EDT
I managed to talk the wife into buying me an extra lower for my B-Day next week , but I was curious if anybody knew of a local dealer who might have them in stock? I live in Lilburn and work in the NE Atl./Chamblee area. I know kblagg is in Athens (about an hour from here), cdtracing is in the Woodstock/Canton area (about an hour from here) and JKiser is in Hiram (again, about an hour from here).

I was kinda hoping to find a dealer a little closer...

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm kinda hoping to find somebody a bit closer, though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Social Circle. Don't have any in stock but,let me know what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My hours are in the evenings and weekends, so it's easier to work with your schedule. If I can be of service let me know.

Chris

BTW I'm only 50 minutes away
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
bullseye in lawrenceville has them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm in Social Circle. Don't have any in stock but,let me know what you are looking for.

Well, I'm actually pretty flexible. I've got a complete DPMS M4 already but my goal is to aquire at least one complete lower for each of my kids (2 boys, 7 & 4, and a baby on the way) before they're no longer available. I just finished assembling a complete RRA lower for my oldest boy so I just need two more. My wife is buying me one for my B-Day and I'm pretty sure I can embezzle enough out of our checking account for a second one at the same time.

I'm not a big fan of Stag's logo, but I'm also a firm believer in function before fashion. That said, two more RRA's would be ideal, but a couple different brands would work as well. I'm just trying to minimize potential squabbling amongst the kids...
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I'm actually pretty flexible. I've got a complete DPMS M4 already but my goal is to aquire at least one complete lower for each of my kids (2 boys, 7 & 4, and a baby on the way) before they're no longer available. I just finished assembling a complete RRA lower for my oldest boy so I just need two more. My wife is buying me one for my B-Day and I'm pretty sure I can embezzle enough out of our checking account for a second one at the same time.

I'm not a big fan of Stag's logo, but I'm also a firm believer in function before fashion. That said, two more RRA's would be ideal, but a couple different brands would work as well. I'm just trying to minimize potential squabbling amongst the kids...

What's wrong with the Bambi logo. I happen to have both a Bambi and a My Little Pony. Now I'm selling Puff The Magic Dragon.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
It just looks out of place to me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#9]
DPMS complete A2 lower are in stock. The M4 are not. Rock River has a stripped upper and lower set . Flattop is out of stock. I don't see a complete Rock River lower in the stuff I have by the computer. I will have to look at the shop.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
DPMS complete A2 lower are in stock. The M4 are not. Rock River has a stripped upper and lower set . Flattop is out of stock. I don't see a complete Rock River lower in the stuff I have by the computer. I will have to look at the shop.

I'd prefer bare lowers to complete lowers, given the choice. That way I can finish them when get some extra money.

Where are you located?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#11]
im also looking for a few. any of you guys going to do the forest park eastman show?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in Social Circle, GA.  I do see a Wilson Tactical stripped lower in the catalog. I'm a gunsmith. I have done some work for Moleman. Like I said I don't have any in stock but I can order what  you want if it is available.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm in Social Circle, GA.  I do see a Wilson Tactical stripped lower in the catalog. I'm a gunsmith. I have done some work for Moleman. Like I said I don't have any in stock but I can order what  you want if it is available.

thats quite a drive for me. i live in buckhead. i hate driving curious though, whats the price on those? you can im me if you dont want to post the price.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#14]
The Wilson Tactical I would have to sell at full retail $ 179.95. I could eat the freight. The DPMS has the same retail but cost less so, I could do better on them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#15]
yeah, the stag fits me more as im just looking to get some incase the dums decide to ban them. stag fits me more at 100 each. name doesnt mean anything to me, just function
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:15:00 AM EDT
[#16]
i've never understood this whole name debate when it came to stripped lowers.  as long as it's a forged lower, i don't see a rra being worth twice what a double star or stag goes for.  after all, the lower is just essentially a box.  as long as it is mil-spec and you use a quality LPK there shouldn't be any problems.

my first (and only) build was on a double star stripped lower with RRA-everything else.  i have had absolutely zero failures shooting q3131, norinco, brown bear and wolf after about 250 rounds.  better track record than my factory assembled bushmaster.

-matt
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I am pretty sure there has been a price increase. If dealers were selling lowers last year for $100 I bet they won't this year. I was looking in Midway's catalog. They have a lower dealer cost but, They are out of stock. Brownells has them in stock but, they cost twenty dollars more. There is only 30 dollars difference between cost and  retail. Shipping is $9.95. The Wilson Tactical is the only one that says  that it is precision-machined to ensure drop-in installation of ALL Mil-Spec, aftermarket componets and is marked for safety on both sides to accommodate right or left handed shooters.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I am pretty sure there has been a price increase. If dealers were selling lowers last year for $100 I bet they won't this year. I was looking in Midway's catalog. They have a lower dealer cost but, They are out of stock. Brownells has them in stock but, they cost twenty dollars more. There is only 30 dollars difference between cost and  retail. Shipping is $9.95. The Wilson Tactical is the only one that says  that it is precision-machined to ensure drop-in installation of ALL Mil-Spec, aftermarket componets and is marked for safety on both sides to accommodate right or left handed shooters.

i dont get why there would be a price increase. i dont want to hear the excuse about the war either.... i might have to pick up 5-6 from jkiser, 99 each is my range!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#20]
We have some here at Bulls-Eye in Lawrenceville. We have DPMS, Stag & Bushmaster. We normally carry RRA but they are on a 6-8 week backorder right now. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Double Star lowers ($99) due in today.

Stag Arms lowers ($109) due tomorrow.

Give me a shout if I can help.
Regards,
Joseph
678 468 8637
Powder Springs 30127

How late are you open during the week and will you be open on Sat? I'd like to pick up one of each.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yep, saw some there when I was in last night.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

do you remember the prices on them?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#24]

No, unfortuently I didn't check I was shopping for some optics and they keep all their AR stuff in the same display case. Might want to give them a call.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#26]
joseph, are you still doing the more then 3 stags and they are 99 each?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got off the phone with them. $129 each for Stag or DPMS. I didn't ask about  Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#28]
thanks bud, good info!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I picked up one of the DPMS lowers myself for a future build. I was REALLY tempted looking at a Mauser conversion to 45acp they had. AWESOME

Bill
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I picked up two Double Star lowers this afternoon from cdtracing. Good guy, very friendly. Now I just need to scrounge up the cash for a couple parts kits...and two more stocks...and maybe a couple more lowers...

Thanks for the help, everybody.

Chris, I'll be in touch for some more parts pretty soon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#31]
$99 for used? IIRC, $119 for new DPMS, $139 for new RRA. I'd call first though as I didn't reall look that hard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I picked up 3 Stag lowers from KBlagg @ Ballistic today.  Great guy, and the college hotties are out in force over in Athens right now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
$99 for used? IIRC, $119 for new DPMS, $139 for new RRA. I'd call first though as I didn't reall look that hard.

where was this?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#35]
bullseye in lawrenceville.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got off the phone with them. $129 each for Stag or DPMS. I didn't ask about  Bushmaster.

I think the bushies were $199 IIRC
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the bushies were $199 IIRC

way too much for just a name.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Just do double star or stag.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those stags are priced more than MSRP, to each their own I guess.

I was kind of surpised when he quoted me that price. I'm not a big fan of the deer head logo anyway, so it really helped me make up my mind.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#41]
I got a lower from Kiser.. I couldnt have been happier with the experience!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top