Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2007 8:16:20 AM EDT
guys,

i am trying to finish my 1st build, and i need a sling.  i have a rra upper with a sling mount immediately behind the bayo lug and a ctr stock.  how about some options/personal experiences.

thanks,

-matt
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#2]
mark, got a link handy?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#3]
yepper, Specter sling +1

i like the single point setup as i always wear a cup.  

Specter Gear
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll throw my vote in for two point slings. I prefer the Boonie Packer 2P 1.25".
It has all the benefits of a 3 point with a buckle to allow for transitions. $12 shipped from them for a high quality sling is hard to beat.

The Specter Gear slings are nice and very well constructed. The 3 point is probably a bit more secure than the 2P but has an additional strap along the line of the weapon to contend with. I also do not like the emergency release or transition buckle that they offer. Keep it simple. 3 points are already more complicated than they need to be in my opinion. I definitely say stay away from the single points(nut busters). Get either a 2P or 3P.

I'm sure people will mention the Vickers two point sling. It is a nice robust sling but to me its not worth $45. It works as well as the BooniePacker 2P but the BP is only $12 shipped. The 2P does not need any special adapters to work with the CTR and front side swivel that you have.

Again.....just my opinions. You will be happy with either a 2 or 3 point. The only benefit that I can see with a single point is ease of transition to opposite shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#6]
am i missing something here?  do i need a side mount on the fsb too?

-matt
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
am i missing something here?  do i need a side mount on the fsb too?

-matt

I'm sorry I misread your post. I though you had the side mount. The factory bottom swivel will work and it will require an adapter or paracord to the FSB. Side mounts are just more preferrable for tactical slings.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top