Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 4:03:41 PM EDT
Anyone know of a local source here in Georgia.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Smyrna Police Distributors has it but they only sell to LE/Mil/Firemen.
Its LE ammo and therefore hard to get. You see alot of it at gunshows.
You can order it from www.streichers.com also
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What caliber do you need and how many ?  I have several boxes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
i don't bother chasing ammo locally.

i just order Win Ranger here:

www.mahsupplies.net/

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Are you sure on that ?

A friend bought some ammo there and said it was no problem. I dont know for a fact what he bought but my previous impression was that they wouldnt sell anything to non LEO
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure on that ?

A friend bought some ammo there and said it was no problem. I dont know for a fact what he bought but my previous impression was that they wouldnt sell anything to non LEO

I just know what they told me and other folks. From what I've seen when I was in there,they were always strict on their policy. If he can buy it more power to him. I personally hate buying from them and having to deal with them but they have a few things I use and need regularly at good prices. It doesn't hurt to try to buy from them. They don't restrict you from coming in the door. I buy Ranger 127+P+ for $16/50 round box. Thats hard to beat.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I know brand names are important to some people, but for me the gold dot new ammo from Georgia Arms is very reliable. I've used it in 9 and 45, and it's about $16/50 rounds. It's all new ammo loaded with Gold Dot projectiles, nickel-plated brass cases. I've gone through close to 1k rounds of this stuff without a hiccup in Glocks and Sigs.

http://www.georgia-arms.com/shear.htm
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I have purchased Ranger ammo from this gentleman a couple of times. Good prices, great service.

Ranger
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I know brand names are important to some people, but for me the gold dot new ammo from Georgia Arms is very reliable. I've used it in 9 and 45, and it's about $16/50 rounds. It's all new ammo loaded with Gold Dot projectiles, nickel-plated brass cases. I've gone through close to 1k rounds of this stuff without a hiccup in Glocks and Sigs.

http://www.georgia-arms.com/shear.htm

Its more than brand name for me. I choose Ranger for its velocity,penetration,and most of all minimal muzzle flash. I consider muzzle flash heavily when choosing my protection ammo. Only Federal HST and WIN Ranger can truely claim low muzzle flash. GA Arms is great ammo but the muzzle flash is horrendous.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll hafta order via phone.
PaintitBlack your 100% correct, Ga Arms Gold Dots is the only ammo I've carried for several years and I have 100% confidence in their loads. It's economical, accurate, and I can practice with what I carry, however, 00Bullitt nailed my problem on the head. I fired my .40 for the 1st time ever in the dark of night and the flash from the Ga Arms left a "gold dot" in my eyes. I just wanted to try out something else.
Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top