Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 6:48:52 AM EDT
I am now officially one of the staff instructors at the United States Shooting Academy in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  This is going to be the best training facility in the USA, bar none.  A couple of weeks ago I went out to the new facility for some staff meetings and got a tour of the facility.  All I can say is "It's Inconceivable!" (Princess Bride reference.)  The "big" berms in the back are 30 yards wide and 60 yards deep, but the most impressive part are the impact berms.  They are 30 feet high and the whole bay is sodded with bermuda grass.  And there are 10 big bays!  This facility is going to be amazing.  Check it out at usshootingacademy.com

If you guys ever wanted to know about your local JBT, check out the Instructors under the "About us" tab and you'll see me.  I'm the last one at the bottom.  We also had to put up a bio about our qualifications.  I didn't like doing it, but I understand why we have to do it.  So much for my low profile.

VSP
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You, sir, are a bad man.

It's kind of weird meeting VSP in person.  He has this comforting smile about him yet you know that he knows of 100 different ways to kill you.  I'm glad he's one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats VSP, good luck in the new job, sounds like a lot of fun and getting paid too!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, and I missed my chance to submission grapple with you...

Congrats!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#4]
VSP sleeps with a pillow under his gun.

VSP's calender goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools VSP.

VSP could strangle you with a cordless phone.

VSP's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.

If VSP was gay, his name would be Bookhound.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey VSP, how about a discount for us homeboys? Seriously, I would love to one day have the time for a visit out there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

man your trying to get banned arent you?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

man your trying to get banned arent you?!?!?!?!

Awww, c'mon.  You know that was funny.  I'm sure bookhound will have a clever response.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#8]
VSP = a wolf in sheep's clothing?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Guys,
       Thanks for the kind words.  They do make me feel like I'm not such an outcast, working for the Government and all.  

I will not be leaving Atlanta, nor quitting my day job.  I'll be instructing a few classes a year at the facility and doing a few export classes during the year.

You don't need to come out to Tulsa, If you guys want a class, the Academy will come to you.  It would probably take at least 10 people to make the class cost effective, but all of our intro and intermediate classed are exportable.  The higher level classes will require a trip out to Tulsa, unless you have a 3 story (basement included), 360 degree, live-fire shoot house (rifle capable) that we can borrow?

Byte,
      If you have a place we can train, I'd do a one-day grappling/DT class for the group.

VSP
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:50:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Guys,
       Thanks for the kind words.  They do make me feel like I'm not such an outcast, working for the Government and all.  

I will not be leaving Atlanta, nor quitting my day job.  I'll be instructing a few classes a year at the facility and doing a few export classes during the year.

You don't need to come out to Tulsa, If you guys want a class, the Academy will come to you.  It would probably take at least 10 people to make the class cost effective, but all of our intro and intermediate classed are exportable.  The higher level classes will require a trip out to Tulsa, unless you have a 3 story (basement included), 360 degree, live-fire shoot house (rifle capable) that we can borrow?
Byte,
      If you have a place we can train, I'd do a one-day grappling/DT class for the group.

VSP
I would be up for something like that.
ETA, my computer skills are lacking, I meant the part about a class without having to go to Tulsa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top