Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 2:46:04 PM EDT
Is there such a thing as a DTI upper half and if so how do they compare with a Stag upper....he
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ill step up here .
First thing to remember is that everything you could ever want can be found through an ARFCOM sponsering dealer at a great price. Click on the link at the top of the Home Town forum for EE filtering. It will show you all the dealers in GA and what the offer. Price will almost always be better than the gun show. I know Jkiser has complete uppers for 485 right now. cant beat that!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW....anybody....?????

Does my question makes sense or does it sound stupid...???? (I know...I know...stupid he
I am just wondering who DTI is since I have never heard of them before......The people selling that stuff are "The AR Bunker" guys out of Newnan.......I was wondering also if anyone here has had the opportunity to deal with them....are they any good...????

Again...sorry to sound like such a noooobie but I am just trying to learn here and don't want to get screwed up to begin with......

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I know..... and have met Jkiser and his price vs what this guy wants for his stuff are about the same...
Mr Jkiser, which by the way seems to be a great guy, has been out of lowers for a couple of weeks now and that is the only reason why I went to the gun show and talked to the owner of " The AR Bunker" out of Newnan.....he also seems to be an ok guy based on our conversation......at least that is my initial feeling.

Like I mentioned before...I am just learning this stuff as I go and have basicaly no experience compared to most of you guys and really don't want to get screwed to begin with by anybody......

So back to the question...what in the heck is DTI and is it any good when compared with STAG........????????

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Ticoman, I have one of those uppers but I can not tell you a lot about it, other than it works like it is supposed to. I bought it at the last Savannah gunshow from ARBunker. the barrel is made by DTI but the upper reciever and B, BC, and CH are CMT, I think. I don't know if the barrels are MP tested or not. You can get them either crome lined or not. The one I wanted was a flat top M-4, but it was not chromed, so I ended up getting a 16 inch flat top with an H-BAR, chrome lined barrel. I have only put about 200 rounds of xm193 and q3131a through it, with no problems. One of the guys I shoot with sometimes was a little familiar with DTI, he works at DD and seemed to think they were OK, at least he hadn't heard anything bad about them. Wish I could be of more help.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:19:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info....I was trying to figure out who they were because this is the first time that I hear about them. I hope someone here knows more about DTI and how they compare against STAG....
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
www.del-ton.com

It looks like they use Wilson barrels just like RRA.  According to their website they do not come chrome-lined unless you pay $45 extra (and I thought RRA was high on their upcharge).  It also looks like they either use DPMS uppers or make their own.

Edited to add:  It looks like they roll their own uppers but will also sell a DPMS if you specify it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all for the replies....and yes it is Del-Ton and for the looks of it...I will pass....just my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top