Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 11:36:50 AM EDT
Would you frequent a well thought out indoor rifle range in Altanta metro area.

The reason I ask is because there are not alot of public rifle ranges that give legitimate distances to test optics, rifle, etc...

If you think that this would be a good idea, how much are you willing to pay for time at the range.
It would be a good idea to give memberships, but not soley exclusive.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
With all respect, the need to find a place like that to go and shoot is one of the reasons I don't care to live in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
What will the ammo limitations be?

What will the aircirc systems be?

Hells yes I would be interested.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to allow people to shoot most rifle calibers except .50 bmg, it depends on cost of baskstops. As for air circulation, it would be what would be required by EPA.

It would be an alternative to the WMA ranges and all the exclusive clubs such as River bend.

My vision is quite an expensive vision.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry, I wouldn't use it.  If all I'm doing is sighting in a rifle I'd probably go to a WMA range for free.  I much prefer outdoor ranges.  Just me though.

Agreed.

Off subject, didn't someone in a thread mention the possibility of Ga Power letting their rights of way to be used for shooting?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
interested.  attach it to a relatively cool gunshop and you will see even more of me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If it were on the west side of atlanta...and not rediculously priced, You would see me, and probably a couple of the other "Westside" guys.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Agreed about the gun shop, however, there isn't much practicality in a 100 yard indoor range.  The air circulation would be a dificult thing to manage in a area that large and everyone who has ever shoot at an indoor range in the summertime in georgia will tell you how important good air conditioning is.  Even if you only have four lanes to shoot from, you are talking about heating and cooling 6000+ square feet and due to the air circ, it would be like having a large garage door open on top of that.  Also, there are many issues with noise abatement and parallel wall and ceilling protction.  If you are really interested in an undertaking like this, contact Caswell International.  They are a huge manufaturer of range products.  Also keep in mind if you want to put it anywhere in true metro atlanta, you will have problems with permits and zoning.  If you put it outside of metro atlanta, not as many people will come out to shoot.

I am not trying to discurage you, just bringing up some things you may not have thought about.

Good Luck!

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#9]
In my opinion,
The most feasable way to do it woud be underground,with auto repair shops or something else the noise wouldn't bother above it to make money off rent.

Underground has many advantages,less expense to heat and cool for one,and with a concrete ceiling and walls to support other buildings,it would be safer from an escaped bullet.

Just my two pennies worth.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
"Build it...i will come"
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Depending on the location I would probably go.  One suggestion for you, I really like ranges that are open until 9-10pm.  It's nice to leave work and go take out some agression.
JS2071
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#12]
It is not a perfected idea. My father is a member at River Bend and it is a all day affair just to pop off maybe a hundred rounds to get a good idea of my rifle's ability.

i really do not trust the people at a WMA rifle range. Rest assured that if I had the financial backing, my range would be well thought out.

As for the gun shop; I might sell everything except the actual weapon. Every accessory, holster, magazines etc... i would like to dump the money into the range and not into getting a FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top