Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 9:15:39 AM EDT
I saw a Krebs Custom KTR-03V (7.62X39) in a shop and fell in love.  The gun is no longer produced.  It's priced at $1000.  I want the gun but the price seems ridiculous, am I right???
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Kreb's sold them for more than that. If it's new, and you fell in love with it, $1k isn't too bad. They are no longer made, and considering the rediculous prices of new non converted Veprs from Atlantic (around $630 with wood thumbhole stock, and won't take hi-caps), I would probably buy it.

The Kreb's KTR 03S (Saiga receiver) with a Vltor stock is $1250 from R-Guns. www.rguns.net/009_3.html
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, what shop?

Nah, I wouldnt undercut you...But yeah, I would say thats a good buy. By our figures if you buy a new import VEPR when they get here, to get it converted to high caps and get some decent furniture on it you gonne be close to the 1K mark anyways...Where in ga are you? I wanna finger bang it when you get it....But promise me one thing when you get it....Get rid of that sawed off front grip....Go full size or something....
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I got the VEPR and it is sweet.  It is one heavy AK.  7.62BD, sure you can shoot it.  I found the gun when I stopped in (of all places) Pannell's.  It was an un-fired consignment gun.  I want to get it up to JCSC to put a few rounds down the tube sometime week after next.

Rick
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to hook up with biggerstick if you in the kennesaw area....he loves around that way...
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats Rick! Post some pics already! I am in Woodstock. Let me know if you want to get together and do some shooting. I just installed an Ultimak scout rail on my M1a and need to re-zero.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I own a KTR-03V. It's the best AK that I have. Only negative is the weight & cost.  I'm not sure it is worth the cost, but it is a sweet shooting machine. With the weight & muzzle brake, the recoil is minimal. I also love the thumb safety.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, here you go...  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/randomchaos/Image.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/randomchaos/IMG_0645.jpg

I'd like to get together, Biggerstick.  I'll be traveling for business the next 2 weeks but should be around after that through Thanksgiving, so we'll have to meet up somewhere.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OK, here you go...  

made one hot
made the other hot

I'd like to get together, Biggerstick.  I'll be traveling for business the next 2 weeks but should be around after that through Thanksgiving, so we'll have to meet up somewhere.  

Sounds like we need to get a VEPR shoot together...Demarcus where are you at in Ga?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#9]

SWEET!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Agreed, very nice!!

Congrats on the purchase. Yep, they are a heavy duty AK. They're built like a tank.

My next Vepr will be a 7.62X39. I don't think I'll be as lucky as you and find it locally, though! When the time comes, I'm sure the EE will eventually take care of me.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I need some close up pick of the foregrip removed, How it attatches and the gasblock from the side and bottom.....If you dont mind...
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I need some close up pick of the foregrip removed, How it attatches and the gasblock from the side and bottom.....If you dont mind...

Quoted:Sounds like we need to get a VEPR shoot together...Demarcus where are you at in Ga?

I live in Acworth & I am a member of Pickens Co. Sportsman Club in Jasper
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sweet! I will bring some extra 7.62 to the monthly meeting. I hope to see the rifle you there.

Accountant
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/img/445784-big.jpg
www.hunt101.com/img/445785-big.jpg

Quoted:Sounds like we need to get a VEPR shoot together...Demarcus where are you at in Ga?

Velly Velly Intelesting, Seems like they could have just made the sling attatchemnt and the foregrip attatchment one piece, It would have made the gun look much cleaner. IMHO.....Acworth eh....My brother in law lives up that way. We head up there a couple of times a month....I live in Douglasville....about 20 or so minutes away....we should get together.....
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Velly Velly Intelesting, Seems like they could have just made the sling attatchemnt and the foregrip attatchment one piece, It would have made the gun look much cleaner. IMHO..

The sling swivel was my add-on.  The piece that the sling swivel screws into was how the original Vepr stock was attached to weapon.  Kreb just left it in place - maybe so old handguards could be added back? or may be it looked worse if you removed it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I am sure he left it on to attatch a sling to the gun.....But It would have looked better if he had just took it off and refinished the barrell.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top