Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 2:38:09 PM EDT
Well, I'm here in hot and muggy Marrietta, GA. (Aug 21st - 23rd) First day caught the thunder and HEAVY rain storm the first day. Man I thought Seattle had some heavy rain. You all got some major rain pour here.

Today's not to bad though... Air is a little thick but, not bad at all. Sitting in hotel Lounge sipping down 1 of my 3limit drinks. Don't have a car so can't do muoh... Got 2 more days of training then it's back to Seattle.

You all have a Friendly and Beautiful State. This coming from a small town boy from da Hawaiian Islands

Thanlcs Georgia

JAGA ~ Out!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a loser nobody, and I hope I am not the only one to offer, but I would be happy to offer my services as a cabby/tour guide. Tell me where you wanna go and I will get you there, oh and back. Hell, a few of us need to meet up and do something.

We don't get that much rain all the time here, in fact we are in a drought. The humidity is here all the time though.

I see from your post count that you are a chatty kathy but no worries, I can tune out anything!

Let's see who else pipes up, maybe you will get a better offer! If not, feel free to IM me and we can work something out. I did just remember I am on-call this week, but I haven't had to go into work while on-call in a long time, I just gotta be able to answer my phone.

You aren't some sort of nut case are you?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If it were a weekend I would say, "let's go shoot".  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in training every day this week downtown. I can afford some brain cell expenditure if the wifey will approve.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm in training every day this week downtown. I can afford some brain cell expenditure if the wifey will approve.

Did somebody say the Cheetah?

ARH
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, I'm here in hot and muggy Marrietta, GA. (Aug 21st - 23rd) First day caught the thunder and HEAVY rain storm the first day. Man I thought Seattle had some heavy rain. You all got some major rain pour here.

Today's not to bad though... Air is a little thick but, not bad at all. Sitting in hotel Lounge sipping down 1 of my 3limit drinks. Don't have a car so can't do muoh... Got 2 more days of training then it's back to Seattle.

You all have a Friendly and Beautiful State. This coming from a small town boy from da Hawaiian Islands

Thanlcs Georgia

JAGA ~ Out!

Wanna trade for a few weeks? WA is a beautiful state. I miss is sometimes. But you are right - Georgia has worse storms.  As a matter of fact, I don't remember seeing lightning or hearing thunder for 4 years while I was stationed at Ft. Lewis. Just slow, pissing rain 3/4ths of the year.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Hehe, Cheeta...oh the stories......

Man if you really want to see the Atlanta and ALL it's beauty try Fulton Industrial Blvd or Bankhead hwy......Hollywood is also real nice this time of year in the sunset hours....

J/K man, you'll prolly be out gunned in that part of town.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hehe, Cheeta...oh the stories......

Man if you really want to see the Atlanta and ALL it's beauty try Fulton Industrial Blvd or Bankhead hwy......Hollywood is also real nice this time of year in the sunset hours....

J/K man, you'll prolly be out gunned in that part of town.

what?  by Lorcins?  

You should at least visit the Aquarium...it's amazing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry guys I have come down with something. Been in bed all day today. I hope to be up running tomorrow. I hope this doesn't hamper the plans...

I haven't gotten an IM from JAGA as of now.

ByteTheBullet  |-:
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Welp, I seem to have gotten better! Where are we going? I will check back in, gotta run a couple errands.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#10]
My little town of Sandersville in Washington County just got a TON of rain. Here's a picture of the back lot at work. I'm in my truck if you're wondering. The lot slopes downward to a drain pipe and the concrete poles sticking up are at least a foot high. There was at least 6 inches of rain! In the shallow part alone the water came halfway up my truck! I would've drowned had I gone in the deep part! Too bad it hardly rained at my house though but some rain is better than none.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My little town of Sandersville in Washington County just got a TON of rain. Here's a picture of the back lot at work. I'm in my truck if you're wondering. The lot slopes downward to a drain pipe and the concrete poles sticking up are at least a foot high. There was at least 6 inches of rain! In the shallow part alone the water came halfway up my truck! I would've drowned had I gone in the deep part! Too bad it hardly rained at my house though but some rain is better than none.

i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/bazkook/rain1.jpg

Sandersville KY or GA? I know a couple parts of Sandersville, uh, GA.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Sandersville,GA. How familiar are you with Sandersville,GA? We could go shooting sometime if you know how to get there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Sandersville,GA. How familiar are you with Sandersville,GA? We could go shooting sometime if you know how to get there.

I used to go there for work. There is a little railroad there that used to use the computer system of the bigger railroad I work for. I took my AR on one of my last trips there, but we didn't get to shoot it, I worked REALLY REALLY late that time. I don't get down there anymore since they use a different system now.

You could try to meet us at Charlie Elliot when we have another group shoot, hell you could start one. The weather is cooling off and the bums here might consider getting out.

eta: I meant to say VIR not KY as your profile shows that...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I used to go there for work. There is a little railroad there that used to use the computer system of the bigger railroad I work for. I took my AR on one of my last trips there, but we didn't get to shoot it, I worked REALLY REALLY late that time. I don't get down there anymore since they use a different system now.

You could try to meet us at Charlie Elliot when we have another group shoot, hell you could start one. The weather is cooling off and the bums here might consider getting out.

eta: I meant to say VIR not KY as your profile shows that...

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Where about was the railroad you worked on and how long ago was it that you went here?
What is Charlie Elliot and where is it located? I ready to start shooting again. The last time I went shooting was last Sunday and that was the first time in 2-3 months and I could hardly stand the heat. I don't blame the "bums" for not wanting to get out in this heat.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry guys... My training got intense the last couple of days. I've IM'd Bitethebullet. Maybe next time I'll post sooner or IM one of ya'll.

The Sweet Tea and Lemonade was awesome; Catfish was delicious...(Marietta Diner) And the Big Chicken was an Interesting fact to learn about a see.

Keep it real! Ya'll are good people .

Oh yeah! I don't post a lot... Mostly lurk. Due to the fact that I do get a bit chatty.

JAGA ~ Out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sorry guys... My training got intense the last couple of days. I've IM'd Bitethebullet. Maybe next time I'll post sooner or IM one of ya'll.

The Sweet Tea and Lemonade was awesome; Catfish was delicious...(Marietta Diner) And the Big Chicken was an Interesting fact to learn about a see.

Keep it real! Ya'll are good people .

Oh yeah! I don't post a lot... Mostly lurk. Due to the fact that I do get a bit chatty.

JAGA ~ Out.

Ah...the Big Chicken...  brings back memories...
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 5:14:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Where about was the railroad you worked on and how long ago was it that you went here?
What is Charlie Elliot and where is it located? I ready to start shooting again. The last time I went shooting was last Sunday and that was the first time in 2-3 months and I could hardly stand the heat. I don't blame the "bums" for not wanting to get out in this heat.

Is there more than one railroad in Sandersville? The work I did was in the Sanderville Railroad office, on North Smith St. I did computer and server stuff. Last time I was there was 2002. Man, time flies.

Charlie Elliot is a WMA near Manfield GA. It is off Marbin Farm Road, Mansfield, GA 30055. It is only 82 miles for you. Hell, it's only 72.5 for me! Some guys here don't like it, picky Rangers give tickets too easily. Knock on wood, but I haven't had a problem. Anyways, we meet or caravan out there and shoot the shit for a few hours. We have had guys drive in from Bham and Augusta before. It is an outdoor range with 100 rifle side and a 50 yard, and 25 yard berm, pistol side. Covered, facilities(well, wheelchair accessible not-too-porta jon), well maintained.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there more than one railroad in Sandersville? The work I did was in the Sanderville Railroad office, on North Smith St. I did computer and server stuff. Last time I was there was 2002. Man, time flies.

Charlie Elliot is a WMA near Manfield GA. It is off Marbin Farm Road, Mansfield, GA 30055. It is only 82 miles for you. Hell, it's only 72.5 for me! Some guys here don't like it, picky Rangers give tickets too easily. Knock on wood, but I haven't had a problem. Anyways, we meet or caravan out there and shoot the shit for a few hours. We have had guys drive in from Bham and Augusta before. It is an outdoor range with 100 rifle side and a 50 yard, and 25 yard berm, pistol side. Covered, facilities(well, wheelchair accessible not-too-porta jon), well maintained.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Excuse my neverending ignorance but what does WMA stand for?And what usually happens if a ranger issues a ticket?
Maybe some day I could meet ya'll there but it's not something I'll be able to do a lot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Excuse my neverending ignorance but what does WMA stand for?And what usually happens if a ranger issues a ticket?
Maybe some day I could meet ya'll there but it's not something I'll be able to do a lot.

WMA is Wildlife Management Area...the range is a very small part of the area. Lakes, trails, etc.

I assume you pay the ticket...

We don't go alot, but we usually do a thread at least a few weeks before. Finding a good day for everyone is always a drama.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#20]
"Finding a good day for everyone is always a drama."
I hear that. I wanted to take Labor Day weekend off to go to River Rock in Milledgeville but conflicting schedules shot that idea down. Go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top