Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2006 6:27:45 PM EDT
Crude prices jumped again, over 71 a barrel now.  And you know how the gas pumps are wired directly to the crude index for pricing purposes.

A good chance gas over 3 bucks a gallon by next weekend.

If you want to see what the morning news will say, go look at the overnight trading now.  
Gold up 1.3%,
Silver up 2.5%, oil still going up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Crude prices jumped again, over 71 a barrel now.  And you know how the gas pumps are wired directly to the crude index for pricing purposes.

A good chance gas over 3 bucks a gallon by next weekend.

If you want to see what the morning news will say, go look at the overnight trading now.  
Gold up 1.3%,
Silver up 2.5%, oil still going up.

Thank you for the heads-up.  I'm going to fill up first thing tomorrow (too lazy to go out now)

And it's not that Gold/Silver price is going up, it's rather our paper currency is getting more worthless/inflated

Treasury, stop printing out the freaking $20 bills.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
figures, as soon as I buy a vehicle with a bigger engine, lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for nothing!!!!

This just ruined my night and I'm not joking. There doesn't seem to be an end in sight and that's just plain scary if you ask me. We think it's plateaued and once again it goes up. All this uncertainty is terrible for our now fragile economy.

TD
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]
There's some guy names peak_oil in GD who says it'll be $4 before long.  If you want to read something scary, do a google on peak oil.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:25:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There's some guy names peak_oil in GD who says it'll be $4 before long.  If you want to read something scary, do a google on peak oil.  

What is happening now is the market price on oil is being set by commodies traders, not the normal supply and demand market dynamics.

The scare (and that is what it is) about "peak oil" is just further heating up the futures prices.

But we all take it in the ....tank when it comes time to fill up.

Wanna know why the oil companies are seeing record profits?  See above, the price you are paying doesn't have much relationship to the cost of production and delivery of the product.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#6]
my little vulcan gets about 60mpg,my big bikes will get 44mpg
sadly my truck get 10mpg
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
sadly my truck get 10mpg

I'min the same boat as you. I bought a 2005 Dodge Ram with that sweet-ass HEMI two weeks before Katrina. Oh well at least that 12MPG is a lot of fun.

My bike looks more and more tempting to commute. 38MPG. The only problem is I really don't like bieng out in public in uniform not on the clock.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sadly my truck get 10mpg

I'min the same boat as you. I bought a 2005 Dodge Ram with that sweet-ass HEMI two weeks before Katrina. Oh well at least that 12MPG is a lot of fun.

My bike looks more and more tempting to commute. 38MPG. The only problem is I really don't like bieng out in public in uniform not on the clock.

Get a set of leathers, or fold your uniform up in a pack and throw it on your shoulders.  I know a Gwinnett County Fire captain that puts his racing leathers on over his uniform going to and from work when he's on his bike.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
sadly my truck get 10mpg

Get a set of leathers, or fold your uniform up in a pack and throw it on your shoulders.  I know a Gwinnett County Fire captain that puts his racing leathers on over his uniform going to and from work when he's on his bike.

That should be fun on those 85+ degree days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
sadly my truck get 10mpg

That should be fun on those 85+ degree days.

It's not so bad as long as you're moving and not on the interstate.
I ordered the remaining parts I needed for the old Triumph last week since my F250 is about 10 mpg on the interstate and not much better on surface roads.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, $95 to fill up my work truck this morning.
F350 Dually Diesel. Holds 35 gallons, had to get 33 1/2 gallons.

Damn, I'm glad I don't have to pay for fuel, my boss does and about hit the roof when I told him what it cost to fill up.

GlockSpeed31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top