Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 7:48:39 PM EDT
Are fireworks legal in Georgia??

Last 4th of July Wal Mart was selling them locally but i do not see them selling anywhere now.

Anyone know?? Thx...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are fireworks legal in Georgia??

Last 4th of July Wal Mart was selling them locally but i do not see them selling anywhere now.

Anyone know?? Thx...

As a general rule, only the wimpiest of the wimpy are legal in GA (i.e., fountains).   But its my experience that many people get a pass on july 4th although i have heard of people getting tickets.

Every year a few of us friends get togther and buy about 1k in fireworks (mostly mortars)  in SC and haul back over the river to Savannah for Jully 4th.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Basically sparklers are legal in GA.  Nothing that goes bang, only things that give off sparks and maybe have a bit of a pop.  

www.fireworks.com/fireworks_laws/laws_georgia.asp

CONSUMER FIREWORKS
Specifically Permitted Sparklers up to 100 grams each; fountains (items that say 'Emits Showers of Sparks' up to 200 grams total for multiple tube items or 75 grams for each individual tube; snakes, glow worms, snappers, party poppers.
Specifically Prohibited Firecrackers, torpedoes, sky rockets, roman candles, bombs, and sparklers.

eta: That above link references spaklers, but IIRC we bought sparklers and snap and pops last year.  Snap n pops were a bit hit with my 3 year old.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm....that's odd as last year before the 4th of July the local Wal Marts were selling the assorted packages of fireworks.The packs even had firecrackers in them although they were less powerful than a Black Cat firecracker.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Basically sparklers are legal in GA.  Nothing that goes bang, only things that give off sparks and maybe have a bit of a pop.  

www.fireworks.com/fireworks_laws/laws_georgia.asp

CONSUMER FIREWORKS
Specifically Permitted Sparklers up to 100 grams each; fountains (items that say 'Emits Showers of Sparks' up to 200 grams total for multiple tube items or 75 grams for each individual tube; snakes, glow worms, snappers, party poppers.
Specifically Prohibited Firecrackers, torpedoes, sky rockets, roman candles, bombs, and sparklers.

eta: That above link references spaklers, but IIRC we bought sparklers and snap and pops last year.  Snap n pops were a bit hit with my 3 year old.  

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top