Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 7:04:41 PM EDT
Anybody know what this stuff is going for at walmart now? The last time I was there it was $20 for the 100 RD value pack.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:01:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I bought a couple boxes last week at the WallyWorld in Winder.  Cost was like $20 and change before tax.  It used to be just under $20, so it's gone up a bit, but less than $1.

This stuff shoot decent?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:57:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Other than occasional box of carry ammo, the WWB stuff is all I have ever shot out of two Kimbers and a SA Mil-spec.  Works fine, accurate, reasonable price.

I am in the market for a new .45 I really like the Kimbers and SA's, I can't seem to decide between the two. Oh well guess I have to get both I think that is ARFCOM rule #10 or something.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:52:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Personal preferance thing for sure.

But, I will tell you some things I learned along the way.  

Grip safety
I'll never again buy a 1911 without a beavertail grip safety.  The hammer bite I would get from the Mil-spec truly made the gun not fun to shoot.  I bought the parts (grip safety, hammer and sear) to have a local 'smith install the new beavertail safety for me.  Long story short, I spent more money in the long run by upgrading the safety than buying one factory installed.  Plus, the pistol does not look as good as a factory one and it took a lot longer time than promised by the 'smith to do the work.

Trigger
I found I much prefer the length of pull offered by the longer triggers.  Compare the short Mil-spec trigger to any Kimber or a SA Loaded and see what I mean.

Thumb Safety
I much prefer the longer thumb safety of the Kimber.  The short safeties are harder for me to opperate quickly.

Sights
I found a NEED for night sights.  Better to get them from the factory.  You'll pay more in the long run to change them later.

Adjustable sights are for a target-only pistol.  Fixed sights for me.

Extractor
Although I have had no problems with my one Kimber external extractor model, I much prefer the internal extractor.  Kimber has gone back to this.  I bet for a reason.  Some people have had lots of problems.

Other
All that fancy checkering does nothing for me and costs a lot of extra cash.  Glad I didn't get it.

I've had no problems with Wilson 47D mags.  I like them best.

Hope this helps.  You can try my pistols any time you want.  My favorite 1911 is a Kimber Custom II with Night Sights.  All the fancy high-end stuff does nothing for me.

Mark

Wow, thanks for all of the info man, I have not put to many rounds through handguns (only a .357 wheelgun) but a 1911 style pistol will be my next purchase, probably when the next gunshow in Cobb rolls around. I had no clue about any of that stuff so thanks I will be a better informed buyer now, and I appreciate the offer to check out your pistols I might have to take you up on that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]

This stuff shoot decent?

Yes but in my experience it shoots pretty dirty.  I have since switched to use Georgia Arms for my target ammo which shoots great and cleaner.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This stuff shoot decent?

Yes but in my experience it shoots pretty dirty.  I have since switched to use Georgia Arms for my target ammo which shoots great and cleaner.

I can agree to that - WWB is pretty dirty.

Then again, the last time I shot WWB .45 was when I met A-Train and Bookhound at ACM and proceeded to dump about 600 rounds of it downrange.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:13:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a new Kimber Stainless TLE/RL II today.  I live in Villa Rica, the home of Georgia Arms.  I went by their shop and bought 500 rounds of their "canned heat" in .45ACP - 230 grain FMJ for $105.  It's the same price as Wal-Mart if you were to buy 5 boxes at Wal-Mart.  This stuff shoots soooooo much cleaner than WWB.  I've never had any issues with any of their ammo.

I also bought 230 grain +P gold dots from them which are factory new, not reloads.  It was $16 for 50 rounds.  That's a price that is hard to beat for good quality carry ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top