Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 5:04:54 PM EDT
Anyone absolutely hate UPS? Two weeks ago I ordered a new Wilson stainless 16in bbl from ADCO Firearms to complete a new upper I'm building. I pay for 2nd Day Air at like $30 more dollars because I like to know when it's gonna show up.

It got to the area last Tuesday and went out for delivery on Wednesday. For some reason the dipshit UPS driver wants to deliver the package after 8pm. I am not able to sign for the package then. So I call the number on the info-notice and speak with a customer service rep. They say they can arrange to send a message to the driver to have it delivered before 5pm. I'm like ok no prob these things happen. The next day goes by and still no delivery. Same thing the next day. So thus far I have wasted 3 days of my life just waiting on the UPS driver. Again I call the number and speak with a customer service rep. They told me it would be available for pickup at the customer service center in Doraville on Monday. So i wake up early (for me) at 10am to drive to Doraville. I get there and they can't find the package. The UPS employee says she called for her supervisor and is waiting on a call back. So far 30mins has elapsed. The supervisor calls back and says it's out on the truck for delivery.

At this point I was so angry I had to leave. They could not give a rat's ass about my problem. What makes it even worse is I can't pick it up, and for some reason they cant deliver it between 7am and 7pm like they are supposed to. Anyone have similar experiences? I will make an effort to never use UPS if I can help it.

Anybody wanna join my boycott?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I sorta feel your pain.  My UPS driver shows up after 6pm.  When something is supposed to be delivered, I am like a kid on Christmas Eve.  I haven't had any problems with them though.  If I do, I will jump on the band-waggon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:40:17 AM EDT
[#2]
They normally just use the excuse that they cannot locate my house/street. It's only 25 years old, not sure what maps they are using. I luckily have the local UPS number and if I have something coming and have the T number, I call earlyand have them hold it. They call when they dig it out.

I never ship with them and always request that people shipping to me either use USPS or Fed-Ex. When I send a custom gun out it always goes Fed-Ex though, I have never had a problem with them. Now Fed-Ex ground......well, that's a whole 'nuther thread waiting to be born.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, my local center is pretty cool too. I had bought a stock and looked in tracking to see if it was there, and it showed that it was. I went by to see if I could pick it up and they said it was out for delivery. They asked me if I wanted to wait for it to be dropped off and I asked if I could come back and pick it up. They called the driver and told him to hold it and I came back an hour later and picked it up there.

If you paid for 2nd day, they should refund your money, and maybe even refund the shipping cost since they blew it so bad.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont use them now because they are high as a kite and I dont work for a company that gets a big discount and allows me to ship off the company UPS number.

My worst experience was the following:

About 8 years ago I moved into a new place.  New street of duplexes.  I order something to come UPS.  Track the package and it comes up undeliverable, something about invalid address.  I call the service center and tell them I only live about 2 miles from the distribution center and they tell me it will be taken care of the next day (I gave them directions to the house also).  Next day, same crap happens.  I call back and say I will pick it up at the distribution center.  Get there the following day and they say its out for delivery.  Finally when they delivered it the box was beat all to crap.  It was unreal.  The UPS guy was lucky I wasn't home when it was delivered.

Needless to say they broke the subwoofer box that was inside.  I call the company I purchased it from and tell them that not only is the 3/4 MDF box broke, one of the subs inside is blown.  I get stuck having to send it back and eat the shipping costs.  I was pissed.  Get down to the UPS place and they wont ship it in the same box because they say it's too damaged.  I said "That's funny, you sure could deliver it in this condition and you are the reason it looks the way it does and the reason I have to ship it now."  I got nowhere with them either.  We went round and round for about 10 minutes or so.  I had to pay for additional packing.  I was fit to be tied man.  I am probably lucky they were all women because if it would have been a man behind the counter I would have been dotting some I's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top