Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 4:14:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Good works here Book!

You guys that are members need to go get your voice heard, once lost, this will be harder to get added back.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Book,

I won't be able to make it Saturday morning. I will e-mail you a letter tomorrow expressing my position on this matter. I would appreciate it if you would deliver it to the board.

Thanks,
Accountant

PS: Send me your e-mail address just in case I can't find yours.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Update?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Pickens County Sportsman Club received the deed for the property from the county with the following provisions attached
No shooting before Noon on Sundays
No full auto shooting

written in to the deed was a provision to remove the covenant about full auto shooting if the club builds a "baffled range" for full auto fire.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No shooting before Noon on Sundays

There goes your chance of doing anymore Hackathorn gig on weekends.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:40:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Mike,

What does a "baffled" range consist of?

Do you have a picture of one?

Thanks,
Accountant
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:25:04 AM EDT
[#9]
The range in the upper left is a baffled range.  I don't know what they are made of, but they are placed above the line of sight to prevent rounds from leaving the range.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Well that sucks.

Baffling is a good solution for ranges only if a) a fixed firing point is used and b) the bay isn't 'deep' enough by itself.  

Ranges on flat ground need this, ranges built into the sides of hills don't need it or don't need nearly as much.

It is expensive, and like any safety feature, it can be defeated.

Best of luck guys, I guess I should be happy I got up there once before it was over.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Good grief! They are using railroad ties! Those posts would have to support at least 1-2 tons each.

So we need steel posts and a lot of RR ties. Hmmm, anybody have a line on a 18 wheeler load of RR ties, some steel posts, and a crane?

Accountant

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a 5 ton crane that we could use. If we can get this organized I'm willing put some sweat into this project. I might also have access to a flatbed 18 wheeler. We might have to chip in for his fuel and mabey let him try out one of the full autos. Any one else want to jump in on this.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#13]
If I remember correctly the plant that makes RR ties is in Columbus, Mississippi. It would be cheaper to buy them from the factory.......but the gas might be to cost prohibitive......

Anybody have a generator? I found an ARC welder for cheap, I will just need to buy some rods.

There is a big steel distributor here in Atlanta, does anybody know the name of it?

Accountant

PS: JW, I will call you back after work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Anybody have a generator? I found an ARC welder for cheap, I will just need to buy some rods.

I have both a generator and welder on the truck with the crane.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Going to need a power auger, cement mixer, and cement to set those poles right.

But does the club leadership want it? I'd hate to think alot of work went into something like this to get torn down soon after...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#16]

But does the club leadership want it? I'd hate to think alot of work went into something like this to get torn down soon after...

Mike,

What is your opinion? Is this something they want to do?

Accountant
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:38:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes the club seems to be committed to building something that will suit the county and allow full auto shooting

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top