Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 7:25:33 AM EDT
April 22 is the day. Times are the same as listed on the website

We are still working on a COF at this point and will give a total round count before the match. There will be at least one stage for the pistol and carbine and several for long range precision rifle (out to 500yds). We will make a full day of it so come prepared to stay all day and shoot a bunch (so bring food and water). For those of you that have been to the range know that we do not have room for a "run and gun" style match, but we will be creative, don't worry .

Cost will only be $10. Cash pay out to top winners.

If anyone has any good challenging ideas for COF please let me know.

Website will be updated shortly:
http://home.alltel.net/rburnette

VIDEO FROM LAST MATCH:
media.putfile.com/Caver-Shooting---compressed
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]
How about an unknown distance shot for the first round, cold bore. Some sort small targeting point on a known target size.

The thinking is that it would require range estimation/calculation to hit accurately, and the closest to center gets the points. Maybe an all or nothing sort of target.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]

How about an unknown distance shot for the first round, cold bore. Some sort small targeting point on a known target size

You need to come play with us !!

I think the last match we had a face target at ~235yds (unknown distance) with a cold bore. I think at one match we had the cold bore at 100yds. There will be a stage of unknown distance for sure.

There are no sighters and it is "run what'cha brung"

I don't think Bookhound (or the other 3 guys from ARF.com, you know who you are) is MAN enough to come back after getting his "Brokeback Butt" dusted on the first match

BTW: Kletz, the thing that JB1000 (from the Hide) is sending you, I have one now. email me if you want more info on them. I hope to take mine to the Stars & Bars GA Longrange Championship the first of april, will let you know how it does
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
400/500 yard shots with an M4gry and 4x scope, hell I couldnt even see those little targets.  It was fun trying though
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

How about an unknown distance shot for the first round, cold bore. Some sort small targeting point on a known target size

You need to come play with us !!

I think the last match we had a face target at ~235yds (unknown distance) with a cold bore. I think at one match we had the cold bore at 100yds. There will be a stage of unknown distance for sure.

There are no sighters and it is "run what'cha brung"

I don't think Bookhound (or the other 3 guys from ARF.com, you know who you are) is MAN enough to come back after getting his "Brokeback Butt" dusted on the first match

BTW: Kletz, the thing that JB1000 (from the Hide) is sending you, I have one now. email me if you want more info on them. I hope to take mine to the Stars & Bars GA Longrange Championship the first of april, will let you know how it does

I'll see if I can make it. It sound fun, but I've got a busy April as it is-

Your shoot, the suppressor shoot, getting married, GSH range time, HR in May, a couple thousand in truck repair/mods.

BTW, how'd you know about JB's PM's? Are you from the gov't, just here to help? I've got one coming, but not from JB (yet). After I get it, I hope to sell it and get one of his just because of the nature of how that deal went down.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
getting married

.......and another one bites the dust.

When is the arfcom bachelor party? Bradd_D needs a woman.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah- I tried to slip that one in there. This is round two. The second and final round.

No bachelor parties, no rehearsals, no dinners. Just I do's and well, the other stuff.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah- I tried to slip that one in there. This is round two. The second and final round.

No bachelor parties, no rehearsals, no dinners. Just I do's and well, the other stuff.

2nd time was the charm for my wife and I.  We've been together for > 14 years.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Nothing says I love you like bringing your wife to a good tactical match
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm working on that. She's coming to the suppressor shoot with me. I hope to get her hooked, so I can have more leverage on why I need a suppressed subgun.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#10]

She's coming to the suppressor shoot with me

Mine is too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:21:02 AM EDT
[#11]
OK folks, the shoot is Saturday!

Need 50+rnds of pistol 50+rnds of carbine and 30+ for rifle. Need three mags for the pistol & carbine.

Imagine a 3 gun match without the shotgun Lots of movement & mag changes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top