Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 12:26:30 PM EDT
Looking for AGED, with no stupid ass dress code.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Then you will like Chops.

If you could find a sport jacket, I would recommend Bones. It's my personal favorite.

Accountant
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Then you will like Chops.

If you could find a sport jacket, I would recommend Bones. It's my personal favorite.

Accountant

+1

ARH

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Fogo de Chao. Steak, chicken, pork, and lamb. All you can eat of each.

Kinda pricey, but my favorite place to eat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Steak and shake?

Actually, Mrs. ByteTheBullet really likes the Filet Marsala at Carrabbas. She can eat it with a fork.

I am not a big steak snob, I might have to try that Chops place though.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Have you tried Boi Na Brasa right by Fogo on Peachtree?  I like it better.  Its about the same price as Fogo but a much BETTER atmosphere.  My personal favorite is Boi Na Brasa.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you tried Boi Na Brasa right by Fogo on Peachtree?  I like it better.  Its about the same price as Fogo but a much BETTER atmosphere.  My personal favorite is Boi Na Brasa.  

Are there exceptional hottie's at these Brazilian steakhouses.........or is the food that good?

Accountant
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am not a big steak snob, I might have to try that Chops place though.
ByteTheBullet  (-:

Don't take the Mrs. there.....unless you are into hooker watching. That's the best part of Chops. High class steak and high class ass for sale at every table.

Bones is much better but Chops doesn't have a dress code, which was one of his concerns.

Accountant
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm getting awefully hungry.  [dripping saliva]

Dinner time.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]
For dry aged steaks, try the Capital Grille--they are fantastic.  Order the lobster bisque and the creamed spinach.  You will love it.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are there exceptional hottie's at these Brazilian steakhouses.........or is the food that good?

Accountant

Hotties? Uh, no. There's only a bunch of dudes in gaucho (South American cowboy) outfits. Since I ain't that kind of guy, I only pay attention to the food.

There are several chains now. Boi na Braza, Texas Brazil, Fire Brazil, Fogo de Chao, and a couple of others. I've only tried Fogo de Chao. I didn't know that Boi na Braza was that close to Fogo de Chao. I'll try to find it. How is the atmosphere better? More down to earth? If so, that's my style. I'm from south Georgia, and I'm not into foo-foo type places.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
High class steak and high class ass for sale at every table.

I'm in!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 for Fogo.  I have never been there, but I hear Ruth's Chris is pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Ruth Chris' is very good and so is Chops.  I prefer Chops.  I have heard good things about Fogo, but never been there.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Bones and Chops are great. I am also partial to Aspen's Signature Steaks in East Cobb and West Cobb. The filet may be the best I have ever had. The atmosphere and prices are very good, also.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I just finished off my steak at roadhouse - 14oz renegade rare with their largest Sam Adams glass and a sweet potato - its not expensive and satisfies that craving for red meat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am also partial to Aspen's Signature Steaks in East Cobb and West Cobb. The filet may be the best I have ever had. The atmosphere and prices are very good, also.

Aspens is good too. I go there when I don't feel like going to town.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I know we're talking Atlanta, but the best steak I've ever had in GA is at Benton Lee's in Uvalda.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#18]
No joke?  I would probably investigate this jewel of the South.

Quoted:
I know we're talking Atlanta, but the best steak I've ever had in GA is at Benton Lee's in Uvalda.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Bones on Piedmont near P'tree.  I've gone in with jeans and a sport coat before.  Not cheap.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
No joke?  I would probably investigate this jewel of the South.

Quoted:

Not kidding.  Google'd 'em and here's what I found.  By the way, you can't find the place unless you know a local.  Unless things have changed, you go down several dirt roads.  None of them have street signs.  

http://www.ameliacruizers.org/cruises/BentonLees/BentonLees.htm

Check out these steaks...

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#21]
We need a group dinner at one of these places...yum
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:52:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I've been to Benton Lee's twice. I guess I didn't think about it since almost everyone seems to be from the Metro area.

I really like steak, but have to split one with my wife. They are huge. It's right on the Altamaha river also. Really neat place in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh my goodness, those are some big steaks.  I am only about an hour away.  Looks like I will be making a trip to Uvalda before I graduate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:36:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Best steak I've ever had was at Stoney River - and I've been to most of the places mentioned in this thread.  Exceptional service every time, too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Fogo rocks....avoid the HUGE salad bar....although it is awesome, it will only keep you from filling up on the meat, which is why you went....also try their Brazilian beer, Xingu....good belly washer with your meat.

roy d....too bad i'm poor, or I'd go everyday
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
also try their Brazilian beer, Xingu....good belly washer with your meat.

Xingu (pronounce shin-goo) is a great example of a schwarzbier.  The style is German in origin, deceptively light drinking for as dark as it looks.  The Brazilians done good on copying the style.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Nothing like a good Brazilian Skol or Brama sitting on the beach in Rio
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow... I'm surprised no one mentioned Ted Turners place

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
For dry aged steaks, try the Capital Grille--they are fantastic.  Order the lobster bisque and the creamed spinach.  You will love it.  

BIG +1 for Capital Grille
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Wow... I'm surprised no one mentioned Ted Turners place

Montana's are ok, I wouldn't put them in with Chops.
Like others recommended:
Chops
Bones
Ruth Chris
Stoney River

These haven't been mentioned, but they're worth looking into:

Garrison's (Perimeter Mall and Duluth) (no jackets required)
McKendrick's (Park Place across from Perimeter Mall, jacket required)
Clubhouse (Lenox)

For the Brazillian steaks:
Fogo de Chao (my favorite)
Fire of Brazil (several locations)
Boi Na Braza (where the old Kudzu used to be on Peachtree near Piedmont Rd.)
and a bunch of other similar that opened up all over the burbs.

Bring a big wallet or credit card. :)

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:37:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Bones and Chops are great. I am also partial to Aspen's Signature Steaks in East Cobb and West Cobb. The filet may be the best I have ever had. The atmosphere and prices are very good, also.

Aspen's  Avenue @ West Cobb.  Wife loves the Surf&Turf.  Perfect every time.

I like all of their cuts, but first I must have the mussels with a Sweetwater 420.

Dave S

www.knowwheretogogh.com

www.10best.com/Atlanta/Restaurants/Steakhouses/index.html?businessID=69353
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fogo de Chao is closer to the real McCoy.  

By the way... leave some space for a dessert called "papaya cream with cassis liquor".  

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's my steak house list based on personal experience, not in any special order:

1) Ruth's Chris - Great filet but the Atlanta locations are a little inconsistent.  The Roswell Rd location just sucks but the Buckhead location is usually excellent if you get the full-size filet.  The whole "serving it on a 300 degree plate with butter on it" is a really great idea and makes for one hell of a great tasting steak.

2) Fogo De Chao - Awesome food but only worth it if you can eat your weight in meat.  Lunches are $30 a head and I think dinner is like $45.  It is all you can eat and they have a salad bar with a lot more than just salad plus you'll have a selection of about 4-6 cuts of beef plus lamb, pork and chicken as well.

3) Garrison's - The Perimeter Mall location has come a long way and serves one hell of a good filet.  It's almost as good as Ruth's Chris (when Ruth's Chris is on their game) and a little cheaper and more laid back as far as atmosphere.

4) Joey D's Oak Room - This place is kind of an ATL secret.  It's tucked back behind Perimeter where Abernathy turns into something called Permiter West.  Their prime rib is awesome, the filet is very good, and in general the food just rocks.  Also, the portions are huge and the food is NOT ala carte so you really get bang for the buck.  

5) Ted's - Different but just not worth it.  I've been to both locations and their supposedly 7 oz. bison filet can be tasty but it feels more like 5 oz.  It's small, the sides are meager and they aren't always on their game.  You will drop $30 and still feel hungry

6) Mortons - I haven't been to the ATL one yet but they are top notch elsewhere and the Chicago one always rocked.  It's worth checking out.

7) Houstons - Okay steak but I wasn't impressed.

8) Benihana - If you like Japanese food and want steak with some extras, this place is definitely worth while.  The Buckhead location is one of the best I've eaten at in the country, as far as consistent quality of their filet.  Plust you get the entertainment factor, rice, soup, salad, and a bunch of vegetables.  The Midtown location is okay but not as good.

That's the list that comes to mind off the top of my head.  I've never been to Bones (cause I'm not a big reservation type of guy and the place is pretty small so they are a must) and we tried hitting Chops once only to get dirty looks for not being in a jacket and told there was and 1 1/2 hour wait...thanks I'll pass.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Best steak I've had in Atlanta was at Carol Street Cafe in Cabbagetown; it is the ribeye special so it's not always available. And it's a little place; sidewalk cafe almost. Is Pilgreens still around? Bones is pretty good, so is Capital Grill.

"serving it on a 300 degree plate with butter on it": great for the first 3 minutes. After that your medium rare is medium well. Pass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top