Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 8:44:51 AM EDT
I just bought my first AR and I'm doing some scope shopping...

Can someone tell me the key differences between the EO Tech 552 and the 553? I'm not a Special Forces door kicker or anything, but is the 553 worth the extra dough? Any help with this is greatly appreciated...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly if your not going to use Night Vision I wouldnt even recomend getting either of them.  I would get the 512.  The 512 is still the AA model just not the NV capabilities of the 552 and a bit cheaper.  I had a 512 that I liked just fine.  Just my 2 cents.

AT
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Honestly if your not going to use Night Vision I wouldnt even recomend getting either of them.  I would get the 512.  The 512 is still the AA model just not the NV capabilities of the 552 and a bit cheaper.  I had a 512 that I liked just fine.  Just my 2 cents.

AT

+1. And take the money you save and buy some ammo, you will never have enough!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up a 512 for $339 from Bull's Eye on Saturday. You don't need the NV capability. You will most likely not like the mounting height of the 553.

Save you $$ for ammo, freefloats, and shit like that. hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I was really excited when I heard Eotech was finally coming out with a piece that runs on CR123's.  Turns out it isn't a whole lot smaller than the 552 so I kind of lost interest in it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top