Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 2:46:37 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

I'm from Valdosta, and I just purchased my first AR yesterday. I'm just getting started and would appreciate any friendly advice. I got a Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4 223 with the picatinny rail. I'm anxious to trick it out and get all the fixins... Anyone have the same gun with some pictures of mods on it? The first thing I want to get is a new scope. I've had numerous suggestions... EoTech, Aimpoint, Acog...? I bought some Wolf ammo and i know its cheap stuff, but i'm not exactly rich and i just paid about a thousand on the gun. How often should i clean it after using Wolf? Anyone else own this gun and have some suggestions? Sorry if i'm beating a dead horse with these questions, but please bare with me folks.Thanks and God Bless!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a friend that has the same gun.  He put an Eotech on it.  Fun little blaster.  He shoots mostly GA arms stuff in his.

I make it a point to clean my weapons after every trip to the range.  Or at least within the first week.  If you put it up dirty you may forget you need to clean it and pull it out a few months later.  At least that's what happens to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to see some tricked out AR's, go to this link: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=269665
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
First of all, welcome aboard!!  I have not shot a carbon 15, but they are very light.  I have an Aimpoint and love it.  I don't know if there are any ammo related problems with the carbon 15, but you can shoot just about any ammo that you want.  Don't spend a lot of money at first.  Look at pictures and other peoples' rifles.  This will give you an idea of what you want.  You will probably change your mind a time or two.  Shoot it, and have fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top