Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 1:00:47 PM EDT
I'm 17 and I've worked a few jobs in the past.

(Painter - Skeet Puller - Cashier)

My wish-list is growing faster than my income so, I'll need another job.

I would like to work during the Summer months.

Do any of you know anyone who has any positions available locally?

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
How hard of a job are you looking for? Do you know Manu'el Labo'r - Ive got a buddy that is usually looking for a few toughs to work for his tree service. When do you turn 18 that might be an issue.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
That could be an option but, it would be last on my list...

This year, I'd rather have an indoor job...

That's just a preference...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What happened to Autry's?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
A couple of studios in town might be looking for fluffers!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What happened to Autry's?

It was an unpaid internship so I could gain experience...

It was also a part of a volunteer work-study program for school.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No, thanks!

I'm sure Bookhound and Byte might be interested though!

I'll let them know...

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]
where do you live?city
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:06:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Byte was the fluffer, I was the nipple tweaker.  My wife made me give it up though.  

What about going to a temporary employment agency?  

Doesn't that cost money?

joseph_samuel I live in McDonough...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Can you run numbers from sheets? Seriously, do you know what 10-key is?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Can you run numbers from sheets?

Please explain this statement in detail.

I don't understand what you're asking...

Seriously, do you know what 10-key is?

No

I did some research on this...

I can type well but (56-64 WPM), I'm not fast on the number pad - sorry...

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#14]
You could work at the airport.  My uncle is a cargo foreman for Lufthansa Airlines.  All you do is load/unload cargo using a forklift.  The pay is $10 an hour plus you get free flight benefits through Delta air lines (you get to fly free 36 times a year I believe) .  I worked for him all last summer and it was pretty fun.  You stay in a warehouse and the plane pulls up to the bay, Delta contract employees unload the pallets of cargo and you take the cargo off the pallets using a forklift and load them unto trucks.  Let me know if you're interested
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:47:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You could work at the airport.  My uncle is a cargo foreman for Lufthansa Airlines.  All you do is load/unload cargo using a forklift.  The pay is $10 an hour plus you get free flight benefits through Delta air lines (you get to fly free 36 times a year I believe) .  I worked for him all last summer and it was pretty fun.  You stay in a warehouse and the plane pulls up to the bay, Delta contract employees unload the pallets of cargo and you take the cargo off the pallets using a forklift and load them unto trucks.  Let me know if you're interested

I don't think I'm old enough to operate a forklift (I'm 17).

I don't have any forklift experience either...

Please correct me if I'm wrong or missing something...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Byte was the fluffer, I was the nipple tweaker.  My wife made me give it up though.  

What about going to a temporary employment agency?  

Doesn't that cost money?

joseph_samuel I live in McDonough...

No, you don't pay them.  They get paid by taking a small cut off your paycheck.  A company goes to a temp agency to find temp help.  Let's say the comapny is looking for a clerical person.  The company is willing to pay $12 an hour for the help.  The temp agency places you there and pay you $11 an hour.  Make sense?

Now there are agencies that will help place you in a job.  Those guys get paid either by you or the hiring company when you are placed in a job.  Those agencies are typically for placing career professionals, like lawyers, doctors, etc.

The company I work for (drywall contractor) recently contacted a temp service for a receptionist. We agreed to pay $10 an hour, they would only pay the person $7 an hour, so they were pocketing $3 an hour. They claimed they ran a background check and a drug test of all applicants BEFORE they even came into the office for the interview. This is a large Temp Service in Henry County. The 2nd person they sent to us to interview informed us they had not performed any check or test on them at all. So, out goes that temp service. Sounds like a great business to have, a crappy one to work for.

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#18]
The good thing about using a temp service to staff with is that you can send them home at the end of the day if you don't like them,and get another tomorrow without the hassles of firing and unemployment claims etc.

HK_Shooter_03,
How do you feel about being a lifeguard?
I have some friends who manage pools and always need reliable people for the summer.
They are leaning toward retirees since they are having a lot of problems with teens not showing up for their shift.
IM me and I'll ask them about it to see when/if they will need more people.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think I'm old enough to operate a forklift (I'm 17).

I don't have any forklift experience either...

Please correct me if I'm wrong or missing something...

No forklift experience is necessary, My uncle is a certified trainer and he'll teach you and certify you.  I think the age limit is 18 though, but I'll check to make sure if you're the least bit interested!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Here's a career profile test for you...Link

Here's what I got...
CAREER RECOMMENDATIONS: Garbage skow captain. Host of Discovery Channel's Dirty Jobs.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The good thing about using a temp service to staff with is that you can send them home at the end of the day if you don't like them,and get another tomorrow without the hassles of firing and unemployment claims etc.

HK_Shooter_03,
How do you feel about being a lifeguard?
I have some friends who manage pools and always need reliable people for the summer.
They are leaning toward retirees since they are having a lot of problems with teens not showing up for their shift.
IM me and I'll ask them about it to see when/if they will need more people.

Sorry, no...

I can swim but, I hate doing it...

That would not be the job for me.

Bump
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#22]
This might be easier if you would tell us what YOU want to do!

Accountant
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.gschindler.com/blog/04dec/06dec01a.jpg

Laugh, but it is good money. And more than a few 18 years olds have been known to become store managers. Move on to regional manager, etc and it becomes a job that most DON'T WANT to leave because of the money. The key is to get on with 1st shift.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
This might be easier if you would tell us what YOU want to do!

Accountant

I'd like to work in a storefront business...

UP
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Can you operate a camera?  Allison and I need someone to shoot videos...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, thanks!

I'm sure Bookhound and Byte might be interested though!

I'll let them know...

Note to self...

add HK_Shooter_03 to list.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Can you operate a camera?  Allison and I need someone to shoot videos...

What kinda videos? I might be interested in that one!

GlockSpeed31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top