Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 5:05:39 AM EDT
So my camping/shooting trip is down the toilet

And, last night, a building behind my house went up in flames. I've got the worst headache of my life and I can only imagine that it's from all of that smoke. I think the guy who's barn/shed it was that went up was possibly doing some reloading in there at one point, what with the small explosions and occasional sound of 'firecrackers' going off. I'm just guessing though.

Did I mention that my head hurts?

And this coffee isn't nearly strong enough.

Two deals on the shotgun didn't work out and I wake up to find that Joseph is sold out of lowers and LPK's anyway.

I probably should have stayed in bed.

My head hurts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
But the important question is...does your head hurt?

Take a nap, I hear they help.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I think, what I may do instead, is pull the wifes Sportage into the garage and change her brakes. There's nothing like a few busted knuckles, a few random expletives, and the smell of go-jo to clear the old noggin.

Stupid rain.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate to say this, but I'm extremely happy its raining today only because I have to work and rain gets more people in the store to buy furniture instead of doing stuff outside.  I need a big weekened to feed my family though, I would much rather be camping/shooting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]
ay...hope you feel better.  I sliced up my index finger pretty bad on Thursday with a knife and just waiting for it to heal so I can go shoot

I just change front brake pads once in a while.  The rear ones...maybe once in 3-4 years

Take some medicine and have a good rest.
-Ha
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Just finished ripping the celing out our den, Had a leak upstairs a while back. Wouldn't have been too bad,BUT.....it had that stippling crap on it and these 4x4 western cedar beams(HEAVY) that were thorougly screwed,nailed and tattoed to the joists...Now, I gots to clean it up by myself as the stepson had to go tend to his family. Then next weekend try to put it all back up...Geesh
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I started to change the wifes brakes but, the more I looked at it, the more it seemed like work... so I've got some friends over and I'm grillin' up some monster sized burgers and brats and we're gonna play us some poker.

That's right... grillin'

Outside.

In the rain.

My big F U to the rain
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I had ordered 30 quail to release at a buddy's farm, today. This is the last weekend for quail hunting, so we had no choice but to hunt. After a while, the quail were so wet that they could only get about 6 or 7 feet off of the ground. My Brittany loved it, we quit shooting them and just let the dogs snatch them out of the air. My dog hunted out and caught 15 birds this morning.

Damn, was I soaked.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I wanna know who pissed off Mother Nature.  It seems for the last month or so, Fridays are nice and Saturday and Sunday are miserable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had ordered 30 quail to release at a buddy's farm, today. This is the last weekend for quail hunting, so we had no choice but to hunt. After a while, the quail were so wet that they could only get about 6 or 7 feet off of the ground. My Brittany loved it, we quit shooting them and just let the dogs snatch them out of the air. My dog hunted out and caught 15 birds this morning.

Damn, was I soaked.

I don't think the season applies to tame birds.  The "pay hunt" places are still booking quail shoots, no license required.

I hunted 6 hours yesterday, when I went to clean my gun last night, I poured over an ounce of water out of the receiver.  Took forever to get the thing dried out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, was I soaked.

I don't think the season applies to tame birds.  The "pay hunt" places are still booking quail shoots, no license required.

I hunted 6 hours yesterday, when I went to clean my gun last night, I poured over an ounce of water out of the receiver.  Took forever to get the thing dried out.

Preserve season goes until the end of March. It starts earlier, too. The catch is that you have to be hunting with a licensed preserve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top