Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 8:26:01 PM EDT
As of 25 minutes ago...

http://www.americasnetwork.com/americasnetwork/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=309523

The European Union has cleared network giant Cisco Systems' proposed $6.9-billion purchase of Scientific-Atlanta, an Associated Press report said.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]
congrats....  u know wat usually happens after 1 company buys another?   .................restructuring & layoffs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:02:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats Bird.  Hope it works out for ya.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
congrats....  u know wat usually happens after 1 company buys another?   .................restructuring & layoffs.

I've got work to keep me busy for the next year, after that I'll have to figure out something.  I think there's room for one more network engineer w/in Cisco.  They give their employees a lot of flexibility regarding work locations, etc.  I think it will be a positive thing for me.  I'm looking forward to it.  If nothing else, I'll hang out until they pay me to leave.  

Could have been worse, we might have been bought by Samsung, Sony, etc.  They'd have chopped the company up and sold it off.  I would have already hit the road already if that was the case.  

I've been waiting for a press release, but I haven't seen anything yet that the deal is done.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got work to keep me busy for the next year, after that I'll have to figure out something.  I think there's room for one more network engineer w/in Cisco.  They give their employees a lot of flexibility regarding work locations, etc.  I think it will be a positive thing for me.  I'm looking forward to it.  If nothing else, I'll hang out until they pay me to leave.  

Could have been worse, we might have been bought by Samsung, Sony, etc.  They'd have chopped the company up and sold it off.  I would have already hit the road already if that was the case.  

I've been waiting for a press release, but I haven't seen anything yet that the deal is done.

I heard it should be closed in March.  Congrats!   SA is a fine company and so is Cisco, mostly if you can get their stock options!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Isn't that the company that makes the lard I use to fry all my healthy foods.  

No, it's the folks who deliver food for hospitals, etc...

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard it should be closed in March.  Congrats!   SA is a fine company and so is Cisco, mostly if you can get their stock options!  

I might have let the cat out of the bag.  I thought there would be announcements coming out after 5 on Friday.  S-A has been a great place to work.  I hope I don't have to move on for at least another year or two.  It's tought to find a 10 minute commute in Gwinnett.  

I got over the whole stock option thing after working for a dot bomb company.  I much prefer cash bonuses.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top