Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:19:12 PM EDT
I saw this at the store a few minutes ago, anyone every tried it. Says something like less than 2 weeks old or something. I wonder if its real shine just tax paid. Any input. .. on yeah im hammered.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
In a store? schweeeet.

I've never seen it in a store though I've always wanted to try making my own. From what I understand, you are allowed to make 6 quarts per year for personal consumption. Of course, I am not a lawyer (I don't even play one on TV) so YMMV.

I bet strawberries would taste better than corn. The last moonshine I had, you could taste the corn in it. It was distinct. Potent stuff, but it was like drinking liquid corn.

The first time I had moonshine, it tasted like rubbing alcohol. Well, that's maybe a bit much... it was strong stuff though. Made me feel like I'd just gotten off of a 400 mile ride in a volkswagen full of rastafarians with the windows rolled up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
In a store? schweeeet.

I've never seen it in a store though I've always wanted to try making my own. From what I understand, you are allowed to make 6 quarts per year for personal consumption. Of course, I am not a lawyer (I don't even play one on TV) so YMMV.

I bet strawberries would taste better than corn. The last moonshine I had, you could taste the corn in it. It was distinct. Potent stuff, but it was like drinking liquid corn.

The first time I had moonshine, it tasted like rubbing alcohol. Well, that's maybe a bit much... it was strong stuff though. Made me feel like I'd just gotten off of a 400 mile ride in a volkswagen full of rastafarians with the windows rolled up.

I have had a chat with a DIY wine and beer store, and it might be legal per the state, but per federal statutes the distillation of liquor with out a BATFE license is illegal and will land you in pound me in the ass prision if you get caught.

Basically the license is available to pick up from the BATFE, but you must pay taxes on any ammount that you make.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have some, its called "Georgia Moon" about the only thing I have found to cut it with to make it go down easier is tomato juice. It says "Less than 30 days old" on the bottle. I would pass.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I love it when Joel posts. NEVER a boring subject.

How many of ya'll have had Everclear? Whooooooo, the nights that I can't remember in colleger from the concoctions we made from that stuff.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have had a chat with a DIY wine and beer store, and it might be legal per the state, but per federal statutes the distillation of liquor with out a BATFE license is illegal and will land you in pound me in the ass prision if you get caught.

That is correct.  However, you can brew 100 gallons or beer or wine per adult in your household to a maximum of 200 gallons every year for personal consumption.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
].....100 gallons or beer or wine per adult in your household to a maximum of 200 gallons every year for personal consumption.

100 gallons of alcohol! per single person!  That's 100 / 365 = 0.27 gallons of beer/wine per day!  More than a quart of beer/wine per day per capita!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
It goes by a lot faster than that.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is correct.  However, you can brew 100 gallons or beer or wine per adult in your household to a maximum of 200 gallons every year for personal consumption.

And when you brew your own beer, you don't necessarily have to stick to 6% alc by volume
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Dude were can I find some of that shine?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#10]
The taxed stuff like we are talking about, at any large beer shop. Ive not got any yet, wonder what it tastes like.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And when you brew your own beer, you don't necessarily have to stick to 6% alc by volume

When I made beer, I always went for the super dark malt kind.  My alcohol content always tested in the 12%-15% area, and was smooth as glass.  FULL flavored!

American beer sucks two buckets of ass compared to homemade beer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
American beer sucks two buckets of ass compared to homemade beer.

Then you've been drinking the wrong American beers.

Sure, 90+% of the American beer market is primarily "sex in a canoe" beers - ie, fucking close to water - but the micro and craft brew industries are scraping out their own market niche.  And now that Georgia pulled it's head out of it's Prohibition-Era ass a year or two ago, the state has seen a massive influx of these beers that were previously unobtainable in the state - you just have to know where to look.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
the micro and craft brew industries are scraping out their own market niche.

Agreed.  Many of those beers are excellent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top