Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 9:21:44 AM EDT
I woke up around 1730 yesterday ( I work nights) and had quite a bit of pain in my chest right under my solar plexus. I figured it was gas since  I had breakfast burritos from Mickey D's after work. I took some Maalox and waited for it to subside. Finally, around 2130, my wife (yes she's back ) took me to the ER. After they checked my ticker out, they said that the pain was from pericarditis. They said it was probably caused by a virus that caused the sac around my heart to become inflamed. They gave me a scrip for some anti-inflammatory meds and told  me to stay at home for a few days.  So if anybody needs me, I'm here.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad to hear that the Mrs. is back home and the medical situation was not more serious.
I think you had enough when you had to pass that stone. Dude that thing looked like the Rock Of Gibraltar.
Glad you are ok.

ARH

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats great that your wife is back.  Sorry to hear about your situation though.  I had the same thing and it hit me really hard when my wife and I were eating at the Fire of Brazil one day for lunch.  I thought I was having a heart attack.  With the anti-inflamatories they gave me I was feeling fine after about a day and a half, so you should bounce right back.  Take care of yourself though and get well soon.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
On the lighter side, our company had a "Lunch and learn" meeting today. The topic was heart disease and cario health. The lunch was Pizza.

+1 about the missus back at home!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#6]
If I eat at Hubble House I have a big gall bladder dump and you talk about scary. Once I was within 5 mins of having the wife dial 911 !  The pressure finally subsided and everything was cool. If I had not just eat at HH I would have hit the ER pronto !!  That was the 2nd time, needless to say no more HH for me.  Nothing else has ever given me heartburn. It's weird.

rj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top