Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 5:33:42 PM EDT
Very illuminating.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
and very cold cool.  It's been a great learning pleasure!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Great learning experience.

My toes are warm again...finally.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The class was a good bit of fun.  I would have liked to see a bon fire in the middle of the range and practice shooting with that light .  Besides that, it is great to be able to shoot "after hours" at a range.  I really like these classes that Mike puts on.  Good to see the guys who made it out as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:44:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad you'all had a good time.
low/no light shooting is an important skill that very few of us practice enough.
Thanks for attending the class

I have another class sometime next month
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, Mike. I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed it.

Quoted:
Glad you'all had a good time.
low/no light shooting is an important skill that very few of us practice enough.
Thanks for attending the class

I have another class sometime next month

Please let us know when!

Thanks,
Accountant
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#7]
For those of us w/o lights, where's a good place to buy a Surefire?  Every place I see on the web seems to charge list price.  I poked around in the EE, but wasn't sure which forum would be the "right" one for flashlights.  I looked in optics, and hand gun parts.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I will also gladly install night sights on Glocks.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Forgot you could do that.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Forgot you could do that.

post 5999

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:26:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
For those of us w/o lights, where's a good place to buy a Surefire?  Every place I see on the web seems to charge list price.  I poked around in the EE, but wasn't sure which forum would be the "right" one for flashlights.  I looked in optics, and hand gun parts.  

bird check out BrightFlashLights over in the industry forum.  I've dealt with Calvin a lot since he always has the best prices.  If not, he'll make it the best price.  For some reason he doesn't post in the EE, but gets tons of business none the less.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:50:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#15]
My letter to Barney, please copy and paste and use to our benefit:

My name is Joe Wang and I am a three-year member at
the range.

I would like to thank you and the officers of the club
for allowing classes like Mike Benedict's low-light
handgun course to take place at the facility.

At Mike's class students receive safe gun handling
instruction and training on the safe and effective
employment of sidearms during low light and no light
situations.

There are few facilities in southeast where this type
of training is offered, and the Pickens County
Sportsmen's Club should be proud in its role
supporting this level of gun safety and training.

Once again, thank you for allowing these types of
useful training programs to take place on the club
premises.

Joe Wang, three year member.

ETA barney's address is [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:19:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I had dinner with the Pickens club officers last night They said they appreciated the all the positive comments about the class.

They go a long way to improving the range and to making classes possible

Mike
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bird check out BrightFlashLights over in the industry forum.  I've dealt with Calvin a lot since he always has the best prices.  If not, he'll make it the best price.  For some reason he doesn't post in the EE, but gets tons of business none the less.

Actually, that is very good advice.  I've also bought stuff from Calvin.  Great prices and service.

I bought an e2e at Bull's Eye this week.  I tried it out on the range same day.  Their lanes are fairly dark, and it was overcast outside.  I turned off the light in the stall I used.  Worked out pretty well.  After practicing a little bit, I found that I was most accurate using the Roger's hold.  Need to practice all the holds a lot more.  I was thinking about getting an airsoft pistol like my carry pistol so that I can practice safely outside the range.  

I'll try the folks at BrightFlashLights for my next one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top