Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 1:05:13 AM EDT
Well folks I am now starting yet another build.  I recently picked up a G-1 Fal kit.  So hopefully in the next few weeks/months I will complete the build.  

Does anyone have a receiver wrench, headspace gauges, extrea locking sholders, and the such.

I have yet to get a type 1 receiver but this is top of my list.  

If anyone is able to assist me on tooling that would be great.

thanks.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:17:01 AM EDT
[#1]
cue Stimpy's reply in 3....2......1.......

there's also Tony Marshburn of M&M Gunsmithing services.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
cue Stimpy's reply in 3....2......1.......

there's also Tony Marshburn of M&M Gunsmithing services.

He'll barrel your receiver for $60 or $65 IIRC.

M&M

"Install and headspace your barrel...

With your old locking shoulder as trade 65.00

If I supply locking shoulder 90.00"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
When zzxx99 wanted to get into FAL building P806 really helped him out.  Very knowledgeable guy.

Since then zzxx99 has built some very nice FALs.

+1

Dennis is not only very knowledgeable but a very nice guy to boot.   He builds nice AK's too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
A big plus with Dennis. Also if you go the route of M&M, ( Tony Marshburn )  he does excellant work. I had a rifle built by him. He can be alittle slow at times on turn around. I have met him several times at matches and such. A nice and very Knowledgeable guy. Good luck Wardawg
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the tools you'll need and would be glad to give you a hand with a G1 build, I like G1s.  Just let me know.  I've got a couple extra L-shoulders, but I usually order the one I need.

-Dennis (Thanks guys for the kind words)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
P806, sir, you are about to add to the list of tools the FAL receiver wrench as a gift from me

Also IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:52:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Well thanks for the support.  When I get the receiver I'll be in touch.  (It may be a month or two)

Buzz.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Awww...missed my que.

Anyway, I'd also be glad to help.  Have all the req'd tools and most of the brains required.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Brett Strafford did my FAL build. Did an awesome job too. He's in Woodstock. He's very reasonable in his prices as well. A plug for Brett......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top