Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 9:36:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#1]
They've already got my fingerprints from my military time.  If I traveled a lot, I'd let 'em have my eyeball prints too.  Glad I don't have to travel much.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
And how is this different than submitting prints for a firearms permit?

Seriously it's turning into a society where they're going to take DNA samples at birth!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Seriously it's turning into a society where they're going to take DNA samples at birth!

Gattica...

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Unlike the firearms permit this will be mandatory in the future. On more excuse terrorist attack is all that is needed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless I am flying the plane, I am not interesred in air travel anymore.

I would much rather drive and take whatever toys I think I might need.

Looking at the old movies about the Nazi SS shaking down train passengers sure looks like present day air travel.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Gov.org is totally out of fucking control.  And what's with the $80 fee?  The taxes and surcharges (about $40 on a $250 ticket) aren't enough for them to fund this?  And the only way to make it work is with biometrics?  

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times to spit on his hands, hoist the skull and crossbones, and begin slitting throats" - H.L.Menken
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]
ar-wrench,

I couldnt agree more.  Airtravel is out of control if yo ask me.  Only problem is for me to get down to Brasil I have to fly.  

I was in Miami on my way back and because I had to go through customs and immigration and then catch my next flight back here to atlanta I had to go through security.  In miami it took about 1 hour to go through security.  It only took 20 minutes to go through customs and immigration.  Now whats wrong with this picture?  Okay, they bairly check foreiners coming in from another country but they check all of us for twice as long.

Not to mention the people that are working at the airport that are doing the searches are nastier than a german shephard after stealing its bone.  

If you ask me all of this "terrorist" bullshit has been one big excuse for gov.org to do whatever they want to do.  It should never be this way.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Prints, iris scan, urine sample......sure skipping security would be fine but I'd give them an appendage if they could scan for stupid  and make people go around me in the plane, thereby eliminating the:
-handbag to the head
-person that can't lift their carryon into the overhead
-kid that constantly kicks back of my seat
-person next to me reading COSMO who naturally assumes I want to discuss it
-inability to read isle or seat numbers
and the list goes on.

Yes, I travel a lot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Sooo glad I'm not a frequent flyer any more. Flying has become like taking a Greyhound bus. Nothing wrong with the bus except its noisy, filthy, disease-ridden and filled with people you'd rather stay away from in your everyday life.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Prints, iris scan, urine sample......sure skipping security would be fine but I'd give them an appendage if they could scan for stupid  and make people go around me in the plane, thereby eliminating the:
-handbag to the head my wife, while holding one screaming child
-person that can't lift their carryon into the overhead
-kid that constantly kicks back of my seat my 2yo I usually apologize in advance
-person next to me reading COSMO who naturally assumes I want to discuss it hot?
-inability to read isle or seat numbers
and the list goes on.

Yes, I travel a lot.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sooo glad I'm not a frequent flyer any more. Flying has become like taking a Greyhound bus. Nothing wrong with the bus except its noisy, filthy, disease-ridden and filled with people you'd rather stay away from in your everyday life.

And if you talk to an airline exec, they'll tell you that is exactly what they're trying to do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:24:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
my 2yo I usually apologize in advance see that's totally cool recognizing it is all that matters
- hot? it just doesn't matter man, it's COSMO there's not winning there!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top