Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 4:50:20 PM EDT
You know your proud of them!!!  Show em off!!!

Easy boys She is 15 and 5'10" and can shoot!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
My son Noah (visiting family in Illinois):

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You know your proud of them!!!  Show em off!!!
i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/speedfreak955/6aa2a265.jpg
Easy boys She is 15 and 5'10" and can shoot!!!

Speedfreak, I don't mean to derail your thread, but I was wondering if your daughter is in High School ROTC?  I was wondering if they still do have those programs.  With the zero tolerance, do they have practice rifles?

Great pic's of the kids so far.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Birdbarian,
Thanks for the question!!! It was kind of why I posted the pic... Yes they still have rifle but its AIR rifle.... When she decided to take the rotc course, Thats when I got to thinking....I would build her a real rifle... She was (will be this year too) in the 4H shotgun club as well... They've probably got this in your area if you check but its gotten to where the metro atlanta counties don't advertize it. I asked her yesterday if she wanted to go to the Cobb gunshow, She replied with Duuh  Yeah!!!   yes sir...  
If you've got a youth I would suggest 4h to everyone it will give them an opportunity to learn proper firearms handling and time with other instructors..
I also feel that even if she doesn't go into the military the jr ROTC program will be good for instilling , Discipline, Honor and Teamwork.. After all guys everything we ever build will eventually weather, wear and turn to dust.. But our children will carry on by teaching theirs...    
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Speed,

That's awesome that she likes guns and knows how to use 'em safely.  I forgot that 4H even existed.  I suppose all the basic principles of safety and marksmanship apply to air rifles as well as rim fire and center fire, so it is not a total loss.  I just checked out the Gwinnett County PS web site.  Looks like they do offer ROTC.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice bunch speedfreak, I can see my daughter doing ROTC someday.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#6]

here's my two boys before Christmas
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]
That's some fine young fellows you have there biggerstick and geekdude!! Oh and amech your kids seemed very well mannered too and your daughter is a doll
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I had these pics up a little while ago...

My 9 yr old, Ryan

My 5 yr old princess, Carly

My oldest son is 18 but I don't have a pic of him on the computer since he moved out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]
This is Lil Monster as I affectionately call her. She loves the beach and she was asking when it was going to be warm enough to go back a few days ago. She's a real pro at the beach since she's grown up there at my Mother's house.  

She turned 4 this November and she's the love of my life.

Thanks to biggerstick and his PM I know how to link pics now!!!

Edit to add: I thought I knew how ;)

Well, I tried...here's the link  http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=kbx99i

TD
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:23:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's treedawg's baby! I apologize treedawg, I think I told you the top "URL" and I meant to say "LINK". What a beautiful child!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:32:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine is the same age also and she loves the beach as well.  And fishing as I have recently found out.  She still doesn't know what to say when I ask if she is going to go shooting with me one day when she gets bigger.

ETA: Fishing on Jekyll Island

ETA: St Simons last week when it hit 70.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#12]
My grandson being coached at 3rd base during his first T-ball game by his dad, my son-in-law.  I love how the little ones have an attention span of about 5 seconds.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#13]
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/Cheap9Ball/small1yrbw.jpg

But then again you see her pretty often, SF...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Heres my son He will be 3 in march.

And heres my daughter Shes just turned 1 in december
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Christmas this year...

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#16]
BP, do you live on SSI?

My Mother is on Tybee and we visit frequently in the summer. It's my Lil Monster's second home during that time. She spends almost as much time with Mother at the beach as she does with us at home.

We miss her, but she and really enjoys it and Mother loves her company. She's only young for a short time and I want her to make the most of these years.

TD
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BP, do you live on SSI?

My Mother is on Tybee and we visit frequently in the summer. It's my Lil Monster's second home during that time. She spends almost as much time with Mother at the beach as she does with us at home.

We miss her, but she and really enjoys it and Mother loves her company. She's only young for a short time and I want her to make the most of these years.

TD

Your mother doesn't happen to live at the beach end of 14th street, does she?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:53:31 AM EDT
[#18]

BP, do you live on SSI?

Nope.  Just about a 15 minute away.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BP, do you live on SSI?

TD

No, but you are very warm. She lives at the beach on 18th street.

TD
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
BP, do you live on SSI?

TD

TD

I love that island.  I lived there for 6 years, 14th (2 doors from the beach) street for 4 years and Meddin Drive up by the lighthouse for 2 years.

Yeah, the water might not be as pretty as the Gulf coast or south Florida, but it is nice and quiet for the most part with just the right mix of tourists.  During the summer (when I lived on 14th), it was great to sit on the front porch and admire the scenery walking by.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
BP, do you live on SSI?

TD

TD

I love that island.  I lived there for 6 years, 14th (2 doors from the beach) street for 4 years and Meddin Drive up by the lighthouse for 2 years.

Yeah, the water might not be as pretty as the Gulf coast or south Florida, but it is nice and quiet for the most part with just the right mix of tourists.  During the summer (when I lived on 14th), it was great to sit on the front porch and admire the scenery walking by.

I'm kicking myself for not buying down there 10 years ago. Mother bought her furnished house 5-6 years ago for about 325K furnished. Houses on either side of her have sold for near 1mil. in last 12 months. I expect her house would have been in the 70-100K range 10 years ago.

I'm not much of a beach bum, but I keep my boat down there and typically find the time to make 8-10 runs to the Gulf Stream each year. That's a 60+ mile run due east, but it's worth it when you get there.

TD

TD
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#22]
HEY...........................I've seen that girl in the neighborhood across the street. What a small world.

I may be wrong........but she looks pissed that your taking her picture. I'd be worried.....shes bigger than you. I think she can take you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#24]
The little Monks
from left to right
Zakk, Honor Elizabeth and Reagan

The Bald Monk and Mrs. Monk

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Ya know, the Monk thought the same thing but then we decided you shouldn't have to bury any of the boyfriends...in fact, just kill the first one, leave the body out and the rest will run, RUN, the other way :)  

-MrsMonk
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Birdbarian,
Thanks for the question!!! It was kind of why I posted the pic... Yes they still have rifle but its AIR rifle.... When she decided to take the rotc course, Thats when I got to thinking....I would build her a real rifle... She was (will be this year too) in the 4H shotgun club as well... They've probably got this in your area if you check but its gotten to where the metro atlanta counties don't advertize it. I asked her yesterday if she wanted to go to the Cobb gunshow, She replied with Duuh  Yeah!!!   yes sir...  
If you've got a youth I would suggest 4h to everyone it will give them an opportunity to learn proper firearms handling and time with other instructors..
I also feel that even if she doesn't go into the military the jr ROTC program will be good for instilling , Discipline, Honor and Teamwork.. After all guys everything we ever build will eventually weather, wear and turn to dust.. But our children will carry on by teaching theirs...    

I like that rifle, very nice!!!! I hate to drop this on you all at once but....Im youre long lost son and I sure would like a rifle just like that too. Did you use milsurp A1 furniture on it?  How about the bbl...is that usgi?

Anyway, thats nice your daughter likes shooting and what not esp that she likes to be your gunshow buddy. I like your take on parenting... Thanx for sharing the pics!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#28]
After all the previous posts I had to post a casual pic... Yes The Dark Side

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top