Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 3:21:31 PM EDT
I was putting some rounds through the newest toy, a certain Browning/Saive classic styled 9mm handgun, when three rather "liberal-looking" dudes come to the next bench.   Obviously, one of them comes from a shooting family and were out there to show his friends what guns were

He had a couple of 1950s vintage cylinder handguns in .22 magnum and a very old looking Marlin, and as I was watching.....tada...wow, a Winchester 1894 in 30-30, in NRA excellent condition!!!  The rifling was extremely strong and the outer finish was just beautiful.

Obviously I approached and borrowed the lever rifle...what a sweet joy!  The recoil was mild (funny they said, "hey man, stand straight up 'cause it's strong")  Anyway, the dude asks what I was shooting and I told him so and so, and to no one's surprise, he didn't recognize JM Browning...the ubiquitous designer of Win 1894 and my new toy.

It's not a big deal since I once thought that Luger was some kind of gun factory in Germany
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, I like the lever guns.  Have a Trapper in 44 mag thats loads of fun to shoot, my son took his first white tail with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top