Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 5:10:46 PM EDT
Do you think there is any chance the Republicans will help out the gun owners this session?

I am talking specifically about the restrictions on the concealed carry laws.  An extension of the castle doctrine (like Florida) would be helpful.

Last session the Republicans ignored us.  There was some talk here that there would be some movement this year to help loosen some of the carry restrictions but the AJC keeps talking about how short this session will be and how nothing major will be accomplished.

I suppose it would be too much to hope for.  I wrote my representative (a Republican) last year about doing away with the "victim disarmament zones" and he didn't even bother to write me back.  I think that now the Republicans are in control of the legislature and governor's office they are ignoring the gun owners.  It's enough to make me vote libertarian again...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top