Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 5:13:09 PM EDT
Went to  Wilson Shoals WMA range for the first time today.  Except for all the mud at 100 yards it's a nice place.  10 covered benches on concrete pad.  Myself and 2 other guys had an AR-15 ... another guy had a Bushmaster in .308 ....   I went through 200 rounds of Wolf and 100 rounds of .40 in my Glock 23 ...  My son went through 100 rounds of .22 in his 10/22 ....  

Was about a 50 minute or so drive for me from Cumming .... I'll be going there more often now ....  

I also belong to Bullseye Marksman in Cumming, GA .... they are having 3 GSSF tournaments ... one in January, February and March.  I've been thinking about giving that a try ...  just got my Glock 23 recently but maybe I can do OK in Amateur Class ...  

Dan
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I was headed there today as well, but got caught up in installing a washing machine. Should have taken 10-20 minutes, but ended up taking from 9:30am-5pm.

How was the crowd?

Oh, BTW, it's not 100 yards there. It's 85-87 to the wire fence (if there was one up.) It used to be 100, but there was an underground spring that kept it too muddy back there.

I was figuring the crowd would be gone since deer season is over. It's pretty light there during the week
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there from around 11:30 to 2:30 ....  5 to 7 benches were occupied the entire time ....  I was thinking it was less than 100 yards but was tough to tell ...  and like I said ... it was muddy  .....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not too far from that area (Wilson Shoals) but I am not sure where it is at, directions would be appreciated. I have also heard there is a place in Clayton?

Nevermind about Wilson Shoals, found it.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am not too far from that area (Wilson Shoals) but I am not sure where it is at, directions would be appreciated. I have also heard there is a place in Clayton?

Nevermind about Wilson Shoals, found it.  

Where you be livin'? My Fiance have property about 10 minutes away from WS. Webster Lake area.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I live on HWY 63 near HWY 106. We are on the Franklin/Stephens line.

BTW: Is shooting on Sundays allowed there?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah, shooting is o.k. on Sundays.  Range goes hot at 12pm.

I went today for some load development. By 11:40am the tables were all taken.  I was there about an hour and left so that another guy could have my table. I'd accomplished what I set out to do.

IT was VERY muddy at the back berm. Luckily wehen I set my target up the berm was still frozen, otherwise it'd have been a few inches of soggy mud.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top