Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 6:50:53 PM EDT
Everyone,

Moving to Atlanta at the end of Jan.  Coming from Dallas.  Look forward to new Job and meeting new people.  
Got lots of shooter friends here in Dallas on AR15 and Snipershide.  

Looking for range or property with 300+ yds to shoot also matches to compete in this year.  Also what kind of year round hunting can you do in GA?  coyotes?

Looking for house to rent.  4 Bed, nice area.  Will be working off of exit 6 on the 400.  I know traffic is pretty bad but thats everywhere.

Matt

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:48:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Snipers hide you say?!?!?! Lots of good guys on there! Look me up sometime (caver101 over there too)

Not too sure about ranges that long around the ATL area, but we put on a long range precision tactical match (out to 500yds) up here in Chatsworth, GA. (1.5-2 hrs north of you??). Look in the training and comps section (snipershide) for the "Camp Shooters" LRT match schedule. Gonna have probably 4 matches this year.

Welcome to GA!

PS: there are a couple of good guys on here too
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to Jawja! I am not into the loooong range stuff yet but there are a few guys here that are getting tired of 100 yds. We used to have pretty regular shoots, but that slowed down a bit, hopefully it will pick back up. Not sure about that hunting thing either, someone will have info about that soon too.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply guys.

I hope get my feet wet and do some 3 gun or tactical matches also.  I just built a new AR10 and set it up for short to mid range stuff.  

How are the Police Chiefs in your areas on signing for class III stuff? I need to get a .223 CAN soo.  I have a .308 JET now for my long gun.  Thats why I did the AR10 up.  Cross utilization baby!

Will be arriving the week of the 23rd.  

Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

CHEF
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply guys.

I hope get my feet wet and do some 3 gun or tactical matches also.  I just built a new AR10 and set it up for short to mid range stuff.  

How are the Police Chiefs in your areas on signing for class III stuff? I need to get a .223 CAN soo.  I have a .308 JET now for my long gun.  Thats why I did the AR10 up.  Cross utilization baby!

Will be arriving the week of the 23rd.  

Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

CHEF

It will depend on where you live from what the ATL crew has mentioned in the past.   It may be easier to form a Corporation for the class III stuff.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
E

Looking for range or property with 300+ yds to shoot also matches to compete in this year.  

Will be working off of exit 6 on the 400.  I know traffic is pretty bad but thats everywhere.

Matt

Matt,
Give River bend a look as far as the 300 + yard range. A private club that sounds like it will be pretty close to where you work.
www.rbgc.org/
There is a rule for rifle of one shot every six seconds. That drives more than a few people nuts.
Welcome to the Georgia Gang.

ARH

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.

Look forward to it soon.  Thanks for the replys.
As of now, we may be in the north side near Marrietta, Alpharetta ect.  Not sure yet.  Need a 4 bedroom house to rent.

Matt
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I know its kind of early.  

However,  I will be looking for a hunting lease for 06'  to get on hopefully.  Anyone have some referrals?

Matt
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
You a US citizen?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know its kind of early.  

However,  I will be looking for a hunting lease for 06'  to get on hopefully.  Anyone have some referrals?

Matt

This is the best resource I'm aware of for GA leases

forum.gon.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

TD
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Good luck with the move and the new job.  You can always crash at my place when you come back to Texas for hunts and long-range matches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top