Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 11:55:47 AM EDT
but I survived it.  Fortunately, I was at my daughter's house in Powder Springs and they got me to Cobb, who in turn got me to Kennestone where they did a catheder (sp?) and installed a stent into the artery.

That was on Sunday night.  They did the other two arteries yesterday and sent me home today.  I will stay out of work next week and go back on the 9th.

Barrow Medical sent me home Friday night after I went in complaining of chest pains.  I will be consulting a lawyer in the next few weeks.  I hate all the frivilous lawsuits, but those people almost cost me my life.  Even the docs at Kennestone were flabbergasted at that.

This is just FYI, in case anyone was wondering where I have been.  Probably, nobody was, but just in case.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
but I survived it.  Fortunately, I was at my daughter's house in Powder Springs and they got me to Cobb, who in turn got me to Kennestone where they did a catheder (sp?) and installed a stent into the artery.

That was on Sunday night.  They did the other two arteries yesterday and sent me home today.  I will stay out of work next week and go back on the 9th.

Barrow Medical sent me home Friday night after I went in complaining of chest pains.  I will be consulting a lawyer in the next few weeks.  I hate all the frivilous lawsuits, but those people almost cost me my life.  Even the docs at Kennestone were flabbergasted at that.

This is just FYI, in case anyone was wondering where I have been.  Probably, nobody was, but just in case.

That fuckin' blows man.
Well wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

ARH

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That fuckin' blows man.
Well wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

ARH

Actually, this may be a blessing in disguise.  My legs feel less heavy and lethargic than they have in years.  I am supposed to take it very easy for the next 3 days, but I will start on the treadmill after that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
LARRYG,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what type of chest pain? Did it feel like heart burn, a pulled muscle in your chest, or what?

Thanks for any insight.

- Suppo
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Larry I know a family that lost a wonderful father 2 years ago because one of those crummy places sent him home with similar pains and he passed suddenly the next day. He left 6 kids and a wife behined. Very tragic. Im glad you were able to get the medical services you needed and I would consider a lawsuit if I were you. Good luck buddy and thanks for sharing your experience. I hope everyone takes note and remembers this. I know im going on and on but this hits one of my buttons.
 JDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Well it's good to see ya around again.  Mom was talking about you on the drive back to GA.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
LARRYG,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what type of chest pain? Did it feel like heart burn, a pulled muscle in your chest, or what?

Thanks for any insight.

- Suppo

It felt like a very heavy weight sitting on my chest.  It was not a sharp pain at all, just a lot of pressure.  I guess the kicker was when my knees went limp, I got very dizzy, and started pouring sweat.

I have felt indigestion before and an inflamed ribcage and this was very different.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad you're still around to pester the Hooter's girls Larry.

Is Barrow a real ER or an immediate care clinic?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Glad you're still around to pester the Hooter's girls Larry.

Is Barrow a real ER or an immediate care clinic?

At this point, I don't know if I would call them "real", but it is an ER attached to a hospital.

As for the Hooter's girls, my daughter said she knew I was gonna be alright after I started eyeballing nurses after the initial emergency procedure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to hear that you came through relatively o.k.

Tread mills are boring, but not as boring as hospital beds and coffins.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Gonna call it a night.  They told me to take it very easy the first few days and I am tired.  Last Sunday was also my LAST cigarette.  I want one so bad right now I can taste it, but I will not give in.

Night all, will check in on Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Barrow Medical is a Band Aid Station , has been for years.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Get better. I can tell you kidney stones suck too. I haven't been able to piss for a week and FINALLY passed a 1/4" stone yesterday morning. Damn that shit hurts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Get better. I can tell you kidney stones suck too. I haven't been able to piss for a week and FINALLY passed a 1/4" stone yesterday morning. Damn that shit hurts.

You passed a QUARTER INCH STONE through your johnson?? WTF!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LARRYG,

Thanks for any insight.

- Suppo

It felt like a very heavy weight sitting on my chest.  It was not a sharp pain at all, just a lot of pressure.  I guess the kicker was when my knees went limp, I got very dizzy, and started pouring sweat.

I have felt indigestion before and an inflamed ribcage and this was very different.

That is how my Father described his heart attack, he also noted what a difference the stints made.

Glad you are ok.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Better Joewang Than mine!!!!
I couldn't resist, even though its gotta be like childbirth....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, it hurt like hell too. After it passed, I pissed a quart.

Not to hijack LarryG's thread but here it is:

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Seriously  I hope both you guys get better soon....
Prayers sent for both...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding! I can't imagine how much that'd hurt.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/GAcop/IMG_0337.jpg

Crap I had no idea your stone was that big. Glad you're done. Ouch!!!

Mount that sucker in your front teeth "Why you be all up in my grille an' shit?" or on a pinky ring "I've pissed bigger piles of crap than you!"

Was there just one or multiple stones?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/GAcop/IMG_0337.jpg

Crap I had no idea your stone was that big. Glad you're done. Ouch!!!

Mount that sucker in your front teeth "Why you be all up in my grille an' shit?" or on a pinky ring "I've pissed bigger piles of crap than you!"

Was there just one or multiple stones?

Only one showed up on the xray. The bad part about it, I had a Lithotripsy done 2 weeks ago to break it up. Evidently it didn't do anything.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I know someone here who went to the local hospital 3 times and was sent home, once with Zoloft and other 2 times told to get tyenol at the CVS for thier pain.  Turns out they had a stroke
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Wish you a speedy recovery. WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Prayers for a speedy recovery !
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#24]
LarryG,

Glad to hear you are OK. You are too rotten to just die off. (jk )

Brother, I am SO freaking glad to hear you are OK. I lost my dad 13 1/2 years ago to congestive heart failure. As bad as it was, the part that still bothers me to this day (and will for the rest of my life) is that he was only 55.

55 is TOO DAMNED YOUNG!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your expeirence. I'm glad you're OK, and hope to see you soon at a group shoot.

Just get better man. Take some drastic measures that will change your life FOR THE BETTER.

thompsondd

BTW - I think PrisonBus should.......nevermind!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
LarryG,

Glad to hear you are OK. You are too rotten to just die off. (jk )

Brother, I am SO freaking glad to hear you are OK. I lost my dad 13 1/2 years ago to congestive heart failure. As bad as it was, the part that still bothers me to this day (and will for the rest of my life) is that he was only 55.

55 is TOO DAMNED YOUNG!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your expeirence. I'm glad you're OK, and hope to see you soon at a group shoot.

Just get better man. Take some drastic measures that will change your life FOR THE BETTER.

thompsondd

BTW - I think PrisonBus should.......nevermind!

Well, I am 57.  I think in the long run it will turn out to be a good thing.

As for PrisonBus, I think she should......uh........"nevermind" me also.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Hang in there LarryG...........my mother had 2, but she is doing well now, and so shall you!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Larry glad to hear your doing good. Trad mills suck, you may look into getting a cross trainer. Better overall workout and zero impact.
Also for you guys that passed kidney stones, do they just drop out or comeout like a bb or what. Man i know that shit sucked! Sorry for you guys!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Well it's good to see ya around again.  Mom was talking about you on the drive back to GA.

Uh oh.  What did she say?  Should I be hiding?

I have my grandson back as my avatar now.  I was at his house when the attack finally got bad.  Poor little guy, he was very upset, but he is happy now that paw-paw is okay.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I wish for your good health and fast recovery, Mr. G

bestest luck, hh
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I wish for your good health and fast recovery, Mr. G

bestest luck, hh

Thank you sir.  I am actually feeling quite good.  I go back to work on Monday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top