Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 3:00:09 PM EDT
is there any thing I should be sure to see?

Oh, Ga Aquarium, btw.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure you wear your life jacket.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal, I've been waiting on a range report on that place.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
We went there Sun., Dec. 11th. Make sure you see the whale shark. Also, the coral display is really cool. Otherwise, it's "ok". The piranha were cool to see, but they didn't do anything. Everyone was hoping the aquarium staff would throw something in the piranha tank.

It's pretty cool for Georgia standards, but having been to Sea World in Orlando a few months earlier, the Georgia Aquarium was nothing to write home about.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait until the excitement dies down and don't bring any guns, matches or lighters; if you disregard the 50 signs they have between the parking lot and the front entrance they will take them from you at the door after they finish wanding you with a metal detector.  And all for the price of $26 to see fish.

Seriously though, I wasn't that impressed.  The Whale tank is cool but it turns out I already saw two of the ones they already have because they used to be at an aquarium in Coney Island, NY.  Take out the whale exhibit and it's not really that much cooler than the aquarium up in Chatanooga or some others I've been to, but maybe I was expecting more and the place was a total zoo when I went last week.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wait until the excitement dies down and don't bring any guns, matches or lighters; if you disregard the 50 signs they have between the parking lot and the front entrance they will take them from you at the door after they finish wanding you with a metal detector.  And all for the price of $26 to see fish.

Seriously though, I wasn't that impressed.  The Whale tank is cool but it turns out I already saw two of the ones they already have because they used to be at an aquarium in Coney Island, NY.  Take out the whale exhibit and it's not really that much cooler than the aquarium up in Chatanooga or some others I've been to, but maybe I was expecting more and the place was a total zoo when I went last week.

Good point! I had a pocket knife that I didn't want to chunk, so I had to walk all the way back to the parking deck to stow it.

It did cost a lot and was really like a zoo. I agree that you should wait until the newness wears off. The Chattanooga aquarium really does give it a run for the money. Maybe the hype is because Georgia didn't have an aquarium.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And all for the price of $26 to see fish.

$26, I'll skip seeing that
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[snip]... Maybe the hype is because Georgia didn't have an aquarium...[/snip]

Yep. In Chattanooga I can see the fish and get an IMAX movie for $21.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheapskate :)-
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
is there any thing I should be sure to see?

Oh, Ga Aquarium, btw.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Fish  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Tried to go this morning, but they're sold out. No walk up tickets for at least another month.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheapskate :)-

You got no idea how cheap I am
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top