Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 10:24:05 AM EDT
Specifically target stands.

Do I need to provide my own and what are the size/height requirements?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Most DNR ranges are BYOS and you can only shoot at paper/cardboard targets, and the height of the target must be relative to your firing position so you hit the berm.

A lot of guys use realtor signs, PVC pipe concoctions or those pre-made metal bases that use firring strips. I use PVC but have my eye out for one of those metal bases.

Take care to observe the rules strictly at DNR ranges. The fines for offenses are not cheap. More than one member here got a costly fine for going over closing time. The rangers will hide in the woods behind the firing line and come running out to issue citations. Not the wisest way to advance on an armed person with a 30 rounder and hearing protection, but maybe they receive no training and don't know any better.

If you enjoy shooting outdoors regularly you may want to consider a private range.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks  for the info Joe. I was familiar with the draconian rule enforcement from the various CE threads.

I have some friends coming in from out of town and we're trying to cobble together a range trip in a hurry. I saw the thread about CE where it mentioned BYOS and I was wondering if Richmond Hill was the same way.

I'm going to Bass Pro tomorow to look for a "Jammit" stand and if not, I've made some redneck engineered stands out of some bamboo that I had lying around.

Richmond Hill is about the only game in town for Savannah folks. The only private range I'm familiar with is a $$$ shotgun club that is not black rifle friendly. Otherwise we have to go to Brunswick, Vidalia, or South Carolina.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
we  use the signs  they use for elections and throw away
next election  as soon as it's over clean up the old signs and save
they have wire frames and come in diff. sizes   stick on  targets work great with these
Please wait  till the election is over
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top