Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 11:43:56 AM EDT
I'm interested in building one and I'm wondering if yall are pleased with the end results.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be interested in a build party after the first of the year....anyone??????????
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Well if you mean the informal get together at my place to bend flats.  The guns which I helped assemble look good and function and feed by hand perfectly.  Most of the guys took their bent flats home and finished them there.   I think Speedfreak has fired his and all went well.

Here is a link to a pic of some of the builds I helped with, everything is riveted on except the front trunnion, it is screwed on, the FCG's are missing because the owners I was helping didn't have the US fcg's yet and I wasn't going to help violate 922r.  They have since put their US parts in and only one of the three pictured may have fired his last week when he went hunting, I haven't heard back.  (by the way work on the 3 rifles wasn't done in one day, each gun I helped with took a day each)

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=357255&password=&sort=7&thecat=998
http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=357255&sort=7&thecat=998&password=
Hope the link works, I am not too good at posting pics.www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=357255&sort=7&thecat=998&password=
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I like that pistol build....I have a ton of rifles....I think a pistol is in my future...nice pics, I looked at all of them..good job
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:07:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I just talked to one the fellows who made his receiver at my house, and he fired 50 rounds threw his gun last week and it functioned flawlessly.  He is real happy and plans to get another kit.  With the barrel ban in effect, it is only a matter of time before these chrome lined Romanian barrels dries up.

Thanks for the compliments lefthanded, the pistol build wasn't too hard, I was glad to get some lathe time in on it.   I plan to put a krink muzzle break on it so the flash won't blind me.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow! Those look Great! Are they all Romanian kits? Tapco had some kits for sale. Is this what Tapco has/had?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:13:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, those are Romanian kits, its really the best and only deal going for cheap builds and when making a pistol, there is no US part count required, so it can be done for the cost of a $89 dollar kit, a $12 flat  some rivets and some epoxy paint from brownells.   I got the kits from www.aimsurplus.com  they were unissued 1986 model kits.  I just got 2 more kits from aim and they are 1980 issue guns might have had maybe 100 rounds through each, very little wear on the bolt and carrier and none on the rest of the kit.

Thanks for the compliments to, you should look for the post with speedfreaks gun in it, he did a real nice job on the stock.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
[Edited link it should work now.  2nd photo in the album]

Romanian "G" Builds

Here are a couple built from the bent flats thanks to the use of acmech flat bending jig. The Middle one is stained in minwax sedona red and the one on the bottom is stained in red mohgany.

The top one is an AMD pistol I built last year using a OOW receiver and Polish hand guards.

My favorite so far is my AMD 65, also built on an OOW receiver. (not in that picture of course).

I've got two more to build, another romy kit and a Hungarian FEG SA-85, when I can find some time.

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Merry Christmas all!  Hey NewGunner, the pics don't work can you try it again?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link edited in above post.  Thanks for the heads up acmech.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:49:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Those are so pretty, you did such a nice job on the stocks.  Very Nice!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
If yawl do another party I still have a couple of romy "G"ats to biuld.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#12]
nice pics, I am all about the pistol build.  I have 2 kits, both Yugo, and my brother has 2 kits, going to have to do some builds soon in North Ga
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#13]
A happy new year to all!!
The pot-man is armed with my last romy ak build and sportin a bottle of bubbly
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I just want to make sure you guys know you didn't miss a build party.  The official build party hasn't taken place yet.

I have simply allowed guys to drop by so they can bend up their flats on the flat bending jig I made.  The rest of the work is up to you.    I can if there is time, rivet on the trigger guard if you have removed it.  So far by my count, at least eleven builds have been completed using receivers made on my jig.     Two guys I spent more time helping because it was the first gun they have ever owned.    Now we have two more law abiding gun owners concerned about gun rights.  Both are great guys I work with.

Anyone is welcome to drop by, but you may want to bring at least 2 or three flats to make it worth your drive.     Also be prepared to show an drivers license to verify you are who you say you are,  I will tell you why if you message or email me.  

Take care in the new year and remember, there are only so many Romanian parts kits left and no more will be coming in, so get what you can now!  Its the best kit for a pistol!

acmech
Dboyer
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep the official build party never took place.  I kept updating my original post trying to get a location set and to get orders in for trigger components and US parts but didn't get any replies.  I would still love to do it we could get it off the ground.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#16]
what kits are you guys using for the pistols?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm located in Mcdonough, and I have a lathe that I used to make the pistol with.  

BUY YOUR KITS NOW GUYS!  AIMSURPLUS IS OUT OF STOCK AND PRICES HAVE GONE UP $10 SINCE MONDAY.   Tapco hasn't raised prices yet, just order online and while you will have to pay tax, you won't have to pay shipping, at least it didn't show there would be any on my invoice last night.

To explain about requesting an ID,  it appears I have had someone drop by who has went by 3 different names on Gunco, and while he may be harmless, well I wonder and I have a family to worry about.

BUY THOSE KITS NOW!

Sorry for yelling, but I've been telling the guys at work this for months, and they still don't listen.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I was going to add a 20 press to my shop today, but I bought 2 kits from tapco online lastnight, and I used the money I got from Christmas.  I guess I may need to talk to the wife,  the press is onsale at Harbor Freight for $179 and I just got a 20% off coupon from HF.  Since there probably won't be anymore ak builds ever, other than what I already have,  I'm not sure what else I'd use it for.  Century is already listing a AMD65 kit new, without the barrel for $125, idiots.

acmech
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#20]
acmech, I may need to stop by in the next 30 days to bend another flat.  I'm thinking about ordering a Polish underfolder to add to my collection.  I'll send you an email when I'm ready and work-out a good time to meet up with you.  

TIA
Jason
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok,  Newgunner,  contact me and we will work something out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top