Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2005 12:50:03 PM EDT
Found this today. Anybody know where it is?

www.businessesforsale.com/Pistol-Range-And-Gun-Shop-For-Sale.aspx

Anybody feel like chippin' in?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Kinda sounds like Georgia Range and Guns over in Forest Park.

They are about that size and have a fixed location.

So who knows.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent him an e-mail. If he responds I will let you know where it is......unless I decide to buy it.

$800K is a bit much when compared to his assets and inventory. He had better have a very well respected name to command that high of a premium.

Accountant
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If you buy it, I'll run it for you.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I sent him an e-mail. If he responds I will let you know where it is......unless I decide to buy it.

$800K is a bit much when compared to his assets and inventory. He had better have a very well respected name to command that high of a premium.

Accountant

Just what I was thinking. If he owned the building outright it might be a deal. I wonder what his liability is to the landlord for enviro stuff is. I wonder who the landlord is too, it could be his wife or they may get a percentage of the sales.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#5]
That does sound like the range Buzz wrote about.
I don't think that is ever going to be a good invstment right there.
The range is a little hard to get to and from,even though it is visible from the interstate.
When the road was redone the last time,one of the ramps was deleted(I think it was the on ramp there) and it made it even worse.
The area is in a decline.I would expect the business is falling off right now,plus there may be an inhiereted liability from the suicide a few years back.
My opinion is the money would be better spent on some land in a more affluent area and open a outdoor range with an indoor range and shop.

Wait a year and buy the range equipment at the auction that will be coming.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
If it is GA Range & Guns in Forest Park, the business is probably dropping off because of the assholes that work & run the place. That used to be a good place years ago, the management was good (opps, did I mention I used to help manage it ) the only problem we had was the owner not knowing what the hell he was doing. The last few years, the place had some issues with the employees and manager, basically they thought it was an ordeal to help you. Like it was a honor that they were even talking to you, not with you.

Anyways, I have always thought if someone bought some land, built a few outdoor ranges & an indoor range that was ran in a professional way, it would draw an awesome income and possibly some major shooting matches. It would have to be placed somewhat in a centralized location, maybe somewhere in Fayette Co. Just my idea!

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Somebody with plenty of money needs to come down here to Coweta County and build a nice gunstore and range. Then they need to hire me to run it for them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:47:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, the broker wants personal financial information and a signed confidentiality agreement before he will release any information to me.

I don't mind the confidentiality agreement but I am hesitant to divulge any personal information until I at least give him a letter of intent............and I know it's to screen out the morons.

Hmmmm......I can always take a clients personal financial statement, change the name, and become an instant millionare. Hmmmm....now to copy and paste.

Accountant
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, the broker wants personal financial information and a signed confidentiality agreement before he will release any information to me.

I don't mind the confidentiality agreement but I am hesitant to divulge any personal information until I at least give him a letter of intent............and I know it's to screen out the morons.

Hmmmm......I can always take a clients personal financial statement, change the name, and become an instant millionare. Hmmmm....now to copy and paste.

Accountant

Nice knowing you!!!!

Now who am I going to get to do my taxes??????
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Accountant

Nice knowing you!!!!

Now who am I going to get to do my taxes??????

Same as last year......the Mrs.

ETA: I sent off the paperwork. We will see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#11]
It sounds like it may be What used to be wolf creek on bankhead highway in douglasville. But they would have had to stretch the truth a littlew to make it sound like that. I think the place could be a goldmine if ran right and it had a lerger inventory of weapons! If anyone buys that one I would be glad to work there for ya!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmmmmm........this just got even more interesting.

It's a well established store that we are all aware of. Unfortunately, since I signed the confidentiality agreement, I can't tell you which one it is, but you haven't guess correctly yet.

I am really going to think about this.

Accountant
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hmmmmm........this just got even more interesting.

It's a well established store that we are all aware of. Unfortunately, since I signed the confidentiality agreement, I can't tell you which one it is, but you haven't guess correctly yet.

I am really going to think about this.

Accountant

Well, seeing how you can't say what store, can you say what city it is located in? That wouldn't be breaking the agreement would it?

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, at least what side of town is it on:

NW - N - NE
W  CTRL   E
SW - S - SE
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]
ACM or Bullseye?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#16]
im pretty sure tha GA R_N_G has more than 12 lanes.  I think they have about 20  plus two rifle lanes.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#17]
The ad said SE metro Atlanta........  I don't know what range it is. Is it in Decatur?

Autry's in Fayetteville has 12 lanes and Caswell equipment....  hmmmm  Fayetteville is SE metro.   hmmmmm  Has Autry's been open since 1990?  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The ad said SE metro Atlanta........  I don't know what range it is. Is it in Decatur?

Autry's in Fayetteville has 12 lanes and Caswell equipment....  hmmmm  Fayetteville is SE metro.   hmmmmm  Has Autry's been open since 1990?  

Yes it sorta sounds like Autrys bc they do have 12 caswell lanes.  Im not sure that they have been open sine 1990 though.  I have a friend that works there and I'll ask how long they have been open.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#19]
The location listed in the ad is wrong.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#20]
This is like a game.  What is the general location?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#21]
The "Souteast" reigon listed in the ad is the Southern US,thens the state of Georgia,then the city of Atlanta.
So it could be anywhere around here,maybe even Birmingham the way the ad writers work!
Autry's isn't that old,maye three years now?
I "think" ACM is about that old,but it may have been around longer,or am I thinking of Bullseye?
I went to one of them  a long time ago,but never went back since it was such a long drive and it was as poorly lit as most of them are (except Autry's,I was impressed how well lit it was).
Why do most ranges think I want to shoot in a cave?I can never remember to take a light bulb with me for the overhead fixture,haha.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The "Souteast" reigon listed in the ad is the Southern US,thens the state of Georgia,then the city of Atlanta.
So it could be anywhere around here,maybe even Birmingham the way the ad writers work!
Autry's isn't that old,maye three years now?
I "think" ACM is about that old,but it may have been around longer,or am I thinking of Bullseye?
I went to one of them  a long time ago,but never went back since it was such a long drive and it was as poorly lit as most of them are (except Autry's,I was impressed how well lit it was).
Why do most ranges think I want to shoot in a cave?I can never remember to take a light bulb with me for the overhead fixture,haha.

Must have been Bullseye, 'cause it is dark.  ACM is pretty well lit.  I'm not terribly fond of most of the guys at BE.  I work relatively close to it, so I go there at lunch some times.  Wouldn't bother me to see it change hands.  I like the folks at ACM.  I'd hate to see them change things around though I don't get over there very often.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I might have started something. Accountant, if you buy it, I want a finders fee.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I might have started something. Accountant, if you buy it, I want a finders fee.

I thought you wanted to run it for me????
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought you wanted to run it for me????

That too!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Dying to know which range!!!

Would someone a little less ethical please sign the NDA and report back here?  

Jeeze......damned if you do and damned if you don't around here.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#29]
When did accountants become all ethical and shit?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
When did accountants become all ethical and shit?

Were NOT lawyers!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey, it wasn't lawyers doing the auditing and books at Enron and Worldcom
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Even if it was "the best" range in town I think the asking price is a little high. I look $200k profit per year for an $800k cash investment and it doesn't do much for me, particularly if you need to be involved in the operations for that profit amount and you're in a particularly sensitive business both from a liability and legislative standpoint. Then there's the drawbacks of dealing with the retail public, the indoor range idiots and employees who steal, drink, and don't keep regular hours.

I was talking to the guy at Bullseye in Cumming a few months ago and I think they were in at  just over a million at the time, and that was for a state of the art pistol AND rifle range and facility.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Even if it was "the best" range in town I think the asking price is a little high. I look $200k profit per year for an $800k cash investment and it doesn't do much for me, particularly if you need to be involved in the operations for that profit amount and you're in a particularly sensitive business both from a liability and legislative standpoint. Then there's the drawbacks of dealing with the retail public, the indoor range idiots and employees who steal, drink, and don't keep regular hours.

I was talking to the guy at Bullseye in Cumming a few months ago and I think they were in at  just over a million at the time, and that was for a state of the art pistol AND rifle range and facility.

+1

Not to mention the fact that there's no "real estate" involved. You're talking about 3/4 of a Mil for $150K worth of equip., $200K worth of inventory, 5 employess, and a rented building?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I made a few calls and found out this is really Charlie Elliot that is for sale.  

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh! cAN i WRITE the fInes TIckuts maSter??
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:11:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Hey Joe,

Was that net or sales?

Accountant
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#37]
I took that to mean they had just over a million invested.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#38]
any word yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top