Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2005 12:14:06 PM EDT
Anyone going or already been to the one at the Farmer's Market that is this weekend? Wondering if it's worth the trouble/time of going, or is it the same crap, just different weekend.

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it Eastmans or Georgia Mountain? I've only been to the Georgia Mountain show there once and won't go back again. I might end up going if it's Eastmans though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I cannot say anything good about that show.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
farmers market don't waste the time
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
After the last Eastman's show at the farmer's Market. I swore I would not waste my time and go again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually went to it this morning knowing that the Farmers Market show normally sucks but this time it really wasn't that bad. The hall was about 3/4s full and had some decent prices. Also the entrance was moved to the rear of the building due to all of the Christmas tree vendors so if anyone decides to go park in the rear of the normal location.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The entrance was at the rear the last time I went. I went after work and had my uniform on. I was standing in line with money in hand to pay. The lovely Mrs. Eastman saw me and yelled as loud as she could "Matt!   We lettin' po-lice in free???" Matt was putting zip-ties on peoples guns and he yelled back "No, we stopped doing that". All the time I was trying to push my $7 into the sausage- fingered hand of Miss Piggy; when Matt yelled back "Ah hell, let 'em in".  They're such nice people .  
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah her personality was in rare form as usual today as you can't even get a polite thank you when you hand over the hard earned cash.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 7:11:29 AM EDT
[#9]
i went yeterday, i thought it was definately above average.  plenty of ar, 1911, C&R, and glock action.  decent ak stuff, even some stripped ar and ak receivers.  and the ammo guy was there. he had everything but .308 i say go if youre not doing anything
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I was wondering if I was the only one truly annoyed by the woman that takes the cash.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i went yeterday, i thought it was definately above average.  plenty of ar, 1911, C&R, and glock action.  decent ak stuff, even some stripped ar and ak receivers.  and the ammo guy was there. he had everything but .308
i say go if youre not doing anything

Which ammo people?  Were they the ones from Tenn. or Ky?

If so damn..... I should have went.

But I have no cash.

buzz.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I was wondering if I was the only one truly annoyed by the woman that takes the cash.

NO your not the only one. She is one thing at the Eastman Shows that really give me second thoughts of not going to their shows.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The entrance was at the rear the last time I went. I went after work and had my uniform on. I was standing in line with money in hand to pay. The lovely Mrs. Eastman saw me and yelled as loud as she could "Matt!   We lettin' po-lice in free???" Matt was putting zip-ties on peoples guns and he yelled back "No, we stopped doing that". All the time I was trying to push my $7 into the sausage- fingered hand of Miss Piggy; when Matt yelled back "Ah hell, let 'em in".  They're such nice people .  

If you think its phone talking to them in person, try calling them on the phone...
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i went yeterday, i thought it was definately above average.  plenty of ar, 1911, C&R, and glock action.  decent ak stuff, even some stripped ar and ak receivers.  and the ammo guy was there. he had everything but .308 hing

Which ammo people?  Were they the ones from Tenn. or Ky?

If so damn..... I should have went.

But I have no cash.

buzz.

it was the big guy from TN.
and yeah, that lady is a major bitch.   i have smiled at her and said hi while handing over my money for 3 years, and NOT ONE hello, smile, or even a thank you.  she definatley sux!
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#15]
You guys should do what I did a couple of months ago.  At the Gainesville show she was more interested in her book than us.  I gave her our money and she didn't even look up and gave me the change.  Nothing was ever said by her.  I simply said "You're welcome" and she had this blank look on her face.  She looked like she had no clue why I said that.  My gf even laughed at it when we got inside.  haha. JS2071
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#16]
i have an idea, lets all say something in code to her the next time there is a show.  

example-  Good afternoon Mrs Eastman! Lovely day for a gunshow!  Here is my $7. And by the way....  THE RAVEN FLIES AT MIDNIGHT

of course i am open to other "creative " suggestions  
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i have an idea, lets all say something in code to her the next time there is a show.  

example-  Good afternoon Mrs Eastman! Lovely day for a gunshow!  Here is my $7. And by the way....  THE RAVEN FLIES AT MIDNIGHT

of course i am open to other "creative " suggestions  

That sounds funny! However, before I read your post, I was thinking that something like "The Georgia Hometown Forum hopes you have a nice day" or something like that. Basically, several people saying the same thing to let her know that her obnoxious personality is no secret.

BUT, your idea sounds better! If you go to their website, they have the annoying "CHARGE!!!" being played on a bugle. SO, how about something like: "The bugles are too loud" in a casual tone. I think this would be less of an obvious prank than wispering "The Raven flies at midnight." You don't want to make it TOO easy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#18]
What will the prize be to the first person she asks wtf are all these people talking about?
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What will the prize be to the first person she asks wtf are all these people talking about?

probably a backhand to the side of the head and an ugly look knowing this beast. heres
I LIKE PIE!

GET BOTH!

DO YOU GIVE A SPACE SHUTTLE DOOR GUNNER DISCOUNT?

UNDERWATER BUMPFIRE TEAM, CLASS OF 1984

ARE THERE ANY 'PRE BAND' GUNS IN HERE?
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I got a very sarcastic "thank you" out of her one time.  It was when i paid my $7 to her in penny rolls and loose change.

The look on her face was like this .... Now that was priceless!!

Link Posted: 11/26/2005 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's my idea for a "Secret Phrase",

"Hello Mrs. Eastman,
 I've been coming to your shows for several years and was wondering if I can get an admission discount because I am still seeing the same crap from 1993 with very little new stuff? So here is my $3 bucks!"

Does anyone think it will get her attention? I know, not as good as "The Raven Flies At Midnight" or something along those lines, but damn, it's the truth!

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Lol.  You guys rock!  You're going to laugh so hard when she gives you the deer in headlights look...  
JS2071
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#23]
how about the one in macon this weekend?  anyone going?  anyone know if ga arms is going to be there?

-matt
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey Matt.  I won't be able to make that show unfortunately.  I did call Georgia Arms and they said that they are planning on going.  
JS2071
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#25]
cool.  thanks for the info.  i'm gonna be looking for some plated 230 gr. rn .45's for some serious reloading.  gonna be looking for some canned heat too.  any dealers got good prices on ar mags?

-matt
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:49:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
...paid my $7 to her in penny rolls and loose change...

Excellent.

I hear that electrical outlet plugs are sized about the same as quarters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top