Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 7:19:22 AM EDT
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/1005/05homeinvasion.html

By MIKE MORRIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 10/05/05

Two suspects were arrested and a third was still at large Wednesday following a home-invasion at a house near Norcross.

Gwinnett County police spokesman Darren Moloney said 911 operators received a call shortly after 3 a.m., but could not clearly hear the person making the call.

An officer was sent to the home on Inman Court to investigate, and as he approached the door, which had apparently been kicked in, he was met by a masked man holding a gun, Moloney said.

Moloney said the gunman fled back inside the house, and the officer followed and found two other masked gunmen, with several people bound and lying on the floor.

One of the three suspects pointed his gun at the officer, Moloney said. The officer fired at the gunman, who ran out the back door of the house. The other suspects dropped their guns and surrendered.

Moloney said no one was injured in the incident.

Officers searched the area but were unable to find the suspect who fled out the back door. Investigators several hours later were still trying to determine the identities of the two men arrested.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't posted this because I figure it would be opening a can of worms, but this story is making me think I need to GTF out of Gwinnett .  

Last Saturday night while I was out of town sitting at a bar waiting for my food to show up I received a call from my wife.  It was about 9 PM ET.  She thought she heard shots fired outside our house.  Talk about felling helpless.  She had taken the kids upstairs and already dialed 911.  911 Operator said they'd send someone out to investigate.  After about 40 minutes my wife called 911 again to see if they sent anyone.  She was told that they had sent several cars and they were investigating.  By this time my wife wanted to get the heck out of Dodge, so she loaded the munchkins in the minivan and headed out.  When she got to the neighborhood entrance, there were three GCPD cars and they had a guy sitting on the ground in front of a house that had just change hands.  There were several people sitting in front of the house in lawn chairs.   She stayed gone for about 40 minutes and when she came back, they were still talking to the guy.  I have no clue what happened.  

Does anybody know if I can call GCPD and get a police report?  Not sure what info. they need to find it.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#2]
A cops worst nightmare. Walking in alone on not one, but 3 bad guys.

So, what part of Gwinnett is Inman Court located in?

Quoted:
I haven't posted this because I figure it would be opening a can of worms, but this story is making me think I need to GTF out of Gwinnett .  

Run. Run now. Run quickly. Don't look back.

Go east to Athens. Go north to Braselton. Go west into Forsyth. Just don't go south.

I feel for you buddy. Now you know why I put up with that drive every day. It sucks, but it is worth it when I get to where I am going.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top